Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2008, 9:22 pm

You know that John Cusack movie where he decides he's going to get in touch with five of his exes to figure out exactly what went wrong? I totally just messaged two of my exes for the he same reason. I thought we can talk about the gray parts of what happened so I could try and get some clarity. I thought this would be a good topic of conversation. Thoughts?

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

hal9000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2008, 9:42 pm

I have no desire to contact any of my exes. They are my exes for a good reason: we just didn't click. I don't harbor negativity towards them, I have just moved on. Good luck though. Let us know how it goes.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 10:35 pm

I don't know about contacting exes, but I LOVE that movie!

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 11:20 pm

I did this, but to only ask them what they thought about how I was... This was when I first found out about AS. But, I was already in communication with them, if only infrequently. They had some insightful things to say. I specifically did not direct the conversation towards discussing the relationships though.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2008, 11:35 pm

Well see the one ended on kind of an off beat because I said something to offend her but I couldn't realize how big of a deal it was until after the fact. I was going through some things and she was going through some things and we were doing our best to try and talk about them but she was getting ready to go off to college and she wanted some time to think to herself. This was all going on just as we rounded 2nd base and I got my vasectomy behind her back. So I think now that it's over a year later it's time to set the record strait.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 5:02 am

Not sure if girls might find it annoying that an
ex contacts them to dig into old problems that
didnt work to go over them again- just a thought,
not saying it is so. Personally i wouln`t do it, i would
assume they would get annoyed about it, having to
go over old problems again

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

02 Sep 2008, 5:14 am

i think this pretty funny, goes something like this:

"Hey _________, are you going out with anybody now?"
"No"
"Huh.....you remember when we used to go out?"
"Uhhh Yeaahhh"
"well why were you acting like a b*tch?....."

*she hangs up

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 11:15 am

While the central character of that film is essentially, me, I haven't ever done the contact-the-exes thing, because I don't really have any grey areas.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 12:22 pm

I thought the character "Dick" who worked at the record store was one of the Aspiest in cinema history.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 12:32 pm

I am pretty good friends with most of my exes...or was for long periods of time after the relationship...what's more, quite a few of my exes know each other and are or were friends.
There are not that many of them...

There is one who I am totally estranged from who is completely hostile and bitter. He will occasionally get in touch so that he can exchange hostilities with me. I was the one who left him...for pretty good reasons that he should be aware of.

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Sep 2008, 7:09 pm

So it turns out that they both just completely ignored me. One deleted her entire Facebook profile when I checked again.Typically I'd be a little down right now, but I've been feeling particularly good about myself lately.

Praetorius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2008, 11:04 pm

schleppenheimer wrote:
I don't know about contacting exes, but I LOVE that movie!
Seconded.

KingChaosNinja wrote:
One deleted her entire Facebook profile when I checked again.
She didn't delete her profile; she just blocked you from seeing it or searching for her.

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2008, 12:40 pm

I think it is a wise idea, as they say in history "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it". If you learn what mistakes you made in your previous relationships, you will know what to work on in your current relationship.