Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 7:50 pm

are they now going to start the charming or the victim offensive. Look how poor we are and how non believ ers attacks us..poor us---

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 7:52 pm

... just like any other social group.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 8:03 pm

Loborojo wrote:
are they now going to start the charming or the victim offensive. Look how poor we are and how non believ ers attacks us..poor us---

Well, perhaps, although that seems to, according for what people say to come from the left or from non-believers mostly, but I suppose that comes from any group that may feel intimidated.

And well, there is one advantage for them though, they have something that is so true and magical for them to hold on, non-believers, on the other hand, they don't, other than human resources. And well, according to them, if you attack God's children, you attack God himself, and who can escape the wrath of God? ;)

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 8:19 pm

greenblue wrote:
Loborojo wrote:

Well, perhaps, although that seems to, according for what people say to come from the left or from non-believers mostly, but I suppose that comes from any group that may feel intimidated.

And well, there is one advantage for them though, they have something that is so true and magical for them to hold on, non-believers, on the other hand, they don't, other than human resources. And well, according to them, if you attack God's children, you attack God himself, and who can escape the wrath of God? ;)

The Moral Majority maybe? 8)

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 9:43 pm

According to the Bible if you rape a woman you should pay her family 50 shekels of silver then marry her, you also cannot divorce her for the rest of your life. Goes perfect with today's modern morals.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 1:51 am

z0rp wrote:
According to the Bible if you rape a woman you should pay her family 50 shekels of silver then marry her, you also cannot divorce her for the rest of your life. Goes perfect with today's modern morals.

Yeah, that's how I got married.

chever
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 1:59 am

They're inconsistent

They blather on and on about how most of the country agrees with them then turn around and whine about being a persecuted minority

Crawl back into the catacombs and die already

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 10:12 am

chever wrote:
They're inconsistent...

... just like everyone else.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2008, 3:46 pm

Jesus would say that the term Christian Right-Winger is an oxymoron. Christianity is about bringing people together and forming a community where we take responsibility for eachother. The Republican Party however... I rest my case.

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 3:51 pm

countzarroff wrote:
Jesus would say that the term Christian Right-Winger is an oxymoron. Christianity is about bringing people together and forming a community where we take responsibility for eachother. The Republican Party however... I rest my case.

how would you know what he would say...are yo a medium and he descends in you like an entity???

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 4:45 pm

z0rp wrote:

That could get expensive you have to factor in over 2000 years of inflation 8O

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2008, 6:06 pm

Loborojo wrote:
countzarroff wrote:

how would you know what he would say...are yo a medium and he descends in you like an entity???

Uh, no... But I do know that he said "It's easier for a camel to enter the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven." and I do know that he was speaking out against the idols and false prophets that distracted people from the common good, much like the celebrities and politicians that capitalism glorifies. And I do know that he was crucified for speaking out against the conservative society which were angered by his radical ways. So yeah I could pretty much say that he probably would.

Oh and I'm sure he would have just LOVED the idea of the death penalty as well.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 7:49 pm

I think christians in india have some kind of right to be crying "victim" right now.

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 8:11 pm

countzarroff wrote:
Loborojo wrote:
countzarroff wrote:

Uh, no... But I do know that he said "It's easier for a camel to enter the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven." and I do know that he was speaking out against the idols and false prophets that distracted people from the common good, much like the celebrities and politicians that capitalism glorifies. And I do know that he was crucified for speaking out against the conservative society which were angered by his radical ways. So yeah I could pretty much say that he probably would.

Oh and I'm sure he would have just LOVED the idea of the death penalty as well.

you know that because of the New testament, that is if you believe in that book and that anything was written the way he said it. 8) gospels about him written by men years later and none of the gospels coincide with age and time or are coherent in any way.
You could say that from there on you can interpret what he would have said, but saying that what teh NT said is what he said is just about believing it or not :lol:

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 8:12 pm

oscuria wrote:
I think christians in india have some kind of right to be crying "victim" right now.

they are called Dalits and are attacked by every fundamentalist Hindu (BJP)

Grimm
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Sep 2008, 9:49 pm

Christian values and christian institutions are very different. The goal of nearly any institution with real power or influence is to freeze time. They do there best to ret*d independant thought, enforce conformity and generally act omnipotently.

I was raised catholic and am largely atheist/agnostic. The judeo-christian values got through though, and I'm glad because they're good values IMHO. Its just sad to see so many profess to believe them while doing largely the opposite.

I think that the fact that the papacy still refuses to endorse any form of birth control besides apstinence is a crime against humanity. If Jesus could see what became of his following he'd surely weep.