Icebreakers to pick up Non-shallow women: Men return favor.

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 9:46 pm

aspergian_mutant wrote:
I think many of you guys are missing something.
Sorenna seems to be talking normal basic guy approach girl and girl gets the chance to accept or decline.
most girls are like this, they rarely ever approach the men (from what I seen).
Aspie men are build different yes, but the social norms remains basically the accepted same.

If that's the case, then why is she asking us how WE would want to be approached?

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 9:52 pm

Cyberman wrote:
aspergian_mutant wrote:
Sorenna seems to be talking normal basic guy approach girl and girl gets the chance to accept or decline.
Aspie men are build different yes, but the social norms remains basically the accepted same.

If that's the case, then why is she asking us how WE would want to be approached?

She is Aspie.
Yet women.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 9:58 pm

Hey Sorenna: how many of those buff GIs in your town know anything about Homeric poetry?

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 10:02 pm

aspergian_mutant wrote:
Cyberman wrote:
aspergian_mutant wrote:

She is Aspie.
Yet women.

I don't understand what you mean by that. :scratch: You were implying that Sorenna has no interest in approaching a guy. If that's the case, what logical reason would she have for asking us how to do it?

coyote
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Sep 2008, 10:15 pm

aspergian_mutant wrote:

I'm breaking social rules all the time anyway :roll: so a lady approaching me is already a winner in that sens :D

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 10:21 pm

Cyberman wrote:
aspergian_mutant wrote:
Cyberman wrote:
aspergian_mutant wrote:

She is Aspie.
Yet women.

I don't understand what you mean by that. :scratch: You were implying that Sorenna has no interest in approaching a guy. If that's the case, what logical reason would she have for asking us how to do it?

Because most girls think about it and many times want to but are either too shy or feel its socially improper.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 10:24 pm

aspergian_mutant wrote:
Cyberman wrote:
aspergian_mutant wrote:
Cyberman wrote:
aspergian_mutant wrote:

She is Aspie.
Yet women.

Because most girls think about it and many times want to but are either too shy or feel its socially improper.

I find it rather ridiculous that you guys are taking advice from a woman who made it clear that she's attracted to Buff army guys who are strong, brave, fearless, and "hot".

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 10:28 pm

Haliphron wrote:
I find it rather ridiculous that you guys are taking advice from a woman who made it clear that she's attracted to Buff army guys who are strong, brave, fearless, and "hot".

Yeah, well, in another thread she said that she loved geeks and that they're "the best."
[Spock] Most illogical. :| [/Spock]

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 12:13 am

aspergian_mutant wrote:
Cyberman wrote:
aspergian_mutant wrote:
Cyberman wrote:
aspergian_mutant wrote:

She is Aspie.
Yet women.

Most does not mean all.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2008, 11:14 am

Sorenna,

Your advice is good, however if us aspie guys had it our way, girls would come to us and either say they like us or ask us out, lol.

Since this is not feasible in reality as we know it, I'll try to answer your question as to "tell us guys, how do you want us to approach you". The truth of the matter is simply this, most autistic guys (and shy guys for that matter) don't want to risk looking foolish trying to initiate relationships with a girl. We figure it is safer to hide than to risk the probability of rejection, which would make us feel dissapointed and foolish.

Therefore, to chat with a guy is to break down his defenses- via conversation. If you find stuff that both you guys like, then wonderful, maybe you can pull things off. By chatting with him one on one, you're making him loosen his guard because he thinks he can trust. The same process works well for women too, how ironic.

Now if you like him a lot, and you want him to get the "picture", you should finish your conversation with him. Then you should look straight into his eyes and hold his hands and say "You know, I really like you a lot, do you like me too?" and smile. Yes, I know it is corny as hell and you'll feel foolish for doing this, but a bell should ring in that guy's head "She likes me, what am I going to do?". Problem solved. If more girls did this, I would GURANTEE that shy guys wouldn't be single anymore ;) You must break down his defenses and secure the fort.