TWO girls I'm interested in on a dating site-what do I do?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DumbDumb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Sep 2008, 1:41 pm

The thing is, we've already shared probably more than most people do on a first date, and I feel...wrong not telling them somehow. I don't know, I've probably messed this all up, 'cause I don't know what I'm doing :D

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2008, 1:52 pm

I don't know if telling both of them about your situation would be nesscarily wise. My reasoning is that if you told each one of them your story, they might think "oh, so there is another girl involved, maybe this guy isn't really what I wanted after all". However not telling them would be risky too, if they found out you chatted with both of them deeply, their feeling will be hurt and they will be angry at you for not telling them. It is risky either way, perhaps it is better to be honest with them to avoid an eventual confrontation. I guess I would tell them, and whoever you chose to date with, tell the other you still want to be friends so there are no hurt feelings :)

euippe
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Sep 2008, 10:10 pm

I agree, don't tell them. It's completely unnecessary. If a guy I liked told me that I'd feel it was a tactless thing to say and it might make you seem like something you're not. I'd feel it's something I did not need to know and I might feel a bit jealous, even at such an initial stage. Go out on a date or two with each first, get a feel for how the chemistry is. It might be clear right away who you get along with better. There might be online chemistry but as someone said it might not translate into offline, so don't assume anything. Also, you don;t know what;s going on on their end. They might be having something going on with someone else like you. If so, would you like to know?

DumbDumb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Sep 2008, 1:52 pm

Well, I ended up telling one of them (the whole thing makes me feel uncomfortable). I even met her and saw a movie. I still have no clue what to do, for a variety of reasons :(

They both seem really nice/bizarrely compatible with me (which is VERY unusual).

Also...and this is terrible...I feel bad even admitting this, because in the scheme of things it's about the least important...but...
I'm not terribly attracted to either person physically :( That makes me sound really shallow!

I'll probably continue my strategy of doing nothing :(

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 8:52 pm

Date both, but do not have sex with either one. If you reject both, you've saved yourself from being trapped in an unwanted "relationship". If you choose one, then you can go further with her physically.