Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 1:48 am

I can remember moving to a new house back in October 1986 when I was 3 years old, I am sure I would recognise the van used, as I know it was red. Funny, saying that as I have a picture from that month AND year. Which house I was living it at the time, I am not sure

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2008, 2:29 am

My memories from my childhood are odd. I can remember places in detail, but I hardly remember people. I don't even remember my parents or grandparents much till the time I was about nine or so, though I know they were there. Everything was much brighter, louder, and faster. I think I can remember things from when I was four.

When I turned about nine my memories became more "normal." I think this was the point that I became more socially aware. This is also the first time I remember being bullied.

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 2:50 am

My earliest memories precede my third birthday. Is that uncommon?

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 6:35 am

lionesss wrote:
I remember more than I wish to remember!

this is it. i remember really a lot in very little details but i prefere not to go there.

Nikky91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2008, 1:02 pm

I remember very little of my life before age thirteen. I know that certain things happened because I hear about them, but if it was not for that I would not have a clue.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 1:04 pm

peterd wrote:
My earliest memories precede my third birthday. Is that uncommon?

apparently not from what I understand with those who have any ASD

darkwhispersdale
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Sep 2008, 1:07 pm

I remember more bad things than good (ie:-bullying, accidents, tests, etc) but I do remember my great grandmother thats a nice memory :D

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 7:28 pm

Forgot to tell I was bullied at primary school and junior and senior high school. I don't think I would have survived military service.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 7:34 pm

I have a memory problem that affects my autobiographical memory, which is like anetrograde amnesia. Of course people may argue about the cause but the fact still remains.

I can't remember my childhood. The furthest back I can remember is around 7-8 and it is very vague. It fades all the way back from the present and is an ongoing thing not a fixed point. I don't really care about the passed but I don't want to forget from now on.

The guy at the Maudley said that autobiographical memory is usual for higher functioning individuals.

RyltarX
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Sep 2008, 8:18 pm

I can remember back when I was around 1 and a half. It really makes my mother crazy :) I actually drew the layout of our old house in California for her when she kept telling me "Oh, you only remember that because you saw a picture in a photo album somewhere!" and we moved to Arizona just before I was two. I have a very photographic memory, I actually had a great childhood though, total alcoholic Cleaver family!

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 8:29 pm

That really cool! The memory thing is uncanny isn't it?

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 8:43 pm

I can remember very early.
I remember a lot of my childhood.

L.