Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 9:57 pm

In my case I only have a few memories as a child. When I remember specific things I cant put an age on it. It seems like it was almost a blur to me. I was manly focused on playing video games/toys/wrestling and could care less for things outside of that like listening to music, walking though the neighborhood, etc. School was just somewhere that I hated going in the morning and couldn't wait to get back home. My mind didnt seem to grasp the whole concept of going to school and the opportunities it could provide in social life. I don't remember even having many conversations with my own brother and sister. It's like I had all book sense and little to none common sense what so ever.

Dasha
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Sep 2008, 10:06 pm

I thought I could remember the ages certain things happened but then when i saw photos of those events I realized i must have been at least 3 years younger than I remembered

kip
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 10:24 pm

Yea, I remember VERY little from childhood. I have to like, wander to the memories. They are there, but I've blocked them. I kinda wanna know what happened that made me want to forget things, but on the same token... if it was that bad, I may not want to remember.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

ChristinaCSB
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2008, 10:24 pm

I have many BAD memories of childhood, I try not to think about it.

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 10:27 pm

I remember lots!

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 10:28 pm

Me too, just about everything.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 10:29 pm

I can remember an age where I was still in Diapers just learning how to walk.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 10:30 pm

I remember more than I wish to remember!

1Oryx2
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2008, 10:35 pm

I remember all the way back to age 2. Some of those memories are very special to me because a feiw of them are of my grandfather who died when I was very little and my auint who died of cancer also when I was little.
I also remember the day my sister was born, so I supose that is special too.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 10:35 pm

I remember everything

chocoholic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2008, 10:51 pm

I remember a lot, but the most vivid memories are ones that are either very eventful, emotional, or out of the ordinary. My best memories, for example, center around the holidays, especially Halloween and Christmas. My worst memories are from my school years through age 12, as teachers back then thought that aversives were the best way to teach autistic kids.

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 11:25 pm

I remember good and bad, some in details, I certainly remember how I hated school, primary school, I had such a hate for it that I disliked visiting the village where the school was because everyting of the village reminded me how close I was to that school and i certainly did not want to visit in the vacation, but my grandparents lived there, so occasionally I had to.

Last edited by Loborojo on 06 Sep 2008, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prillix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2008, 11:55 pm

I remember a few key moments of my childhood, like my brother tripping me over and over while my dad laughs at it, or the night my godmother died and i cried, not cause she died, but cause i never got a chance to meet her. Oh, and all the bullying i endured in school, that i will never forget.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 12:16 am

yes but most of it are things I care not to remember.

I do remember my uncle taking me fishing a few times when we visited after finding out I badly wanted to go and letting reel in anything that caught on his line. If I remember correctly I only reeled in one fish that was big enough to catch and then we had to let it rather than get it stuffed because it had eggs.

Later I'd feel really bad that we caught the fish out of an ocean and then put it in a large pond.

Come to think of it, I do have a lot of great memories with that uncle even though i typically only saw him every other year.

Maybe I should have taken him up on his offer to live with him when he still had his big house and tampa.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74894.html

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 1:40 am

I was at my shrink to day. Intake interview and he wanted me to talk about my childhood and I launched into one of the many versions and half way through I burst out with "this is so boring for me!" I surprised myself, actually. I guess I had finally 'worked through' a lot, eh?

Merle

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 1:48 am

I can remember moving to a new house back in October 1986 when I was 3 years old, I am sure I would recognise the van used, as I know it was red. Funny, saying that as I have a picture from that month AND year. Which house I was living it at the time, I am not sure