Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 7:56 pm

UndercoverAlien wrote:
so means that at lots of stuff i have a learning disability?

No, but if you believe you might have a learning disability and want to get tested, you should probably discuss these problems with the person testing you.

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 7:58 pm

no ones testing me

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 8:02 pm

UndercoverAlien wrote:
so means that at lots of stuff i have a learning disability?

What type of things can't you remember? I think you will need to go an see a doctor, but try not to worry too much about what it is at the moment. Personally I would see a paediatrician as general GPs just aren't knowable about this. Don't worry if you are not a child, it is their training that is important.

The most common reason given memory difficulties (more common than ADHD) is anxiety and depression. Although in my opinion this is can be leaned on for convenience reasons, when much about memory is speculative. However there is still a possibility it could still be that.

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 5:35 am

so i need to see a docter?you mean like a shrink or a real docter?

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 9:28 am

Both. :) Psychiatrists are shrinks AND "real doctors". If you can get a neuropsychiatrist (that is somebody who focuses specifically on brain function rather than emotion) you are even better off.

Start with your family doctor, say you have trouble at school because your memory isn't doing what you need it to do. Ask for a referral. You should get a recommendation.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 9:39 am

Callista wrote:
Both. :) Psychiatrists are shrinks AND "real doctors". If you can get a neuropsychiatrist (that is somebody who focuses specifically on brain function rather than emotion) you are even better off.

Start with your family doctor, say you have trouble at school because your memory isn't doing what you need it to do. Ask for a referral. You should get a recommendation.

kk ill guess il try to find a way to translate taht into my own language anyway i heard of ritaling that its a mirical medicen that helps you conse,trate but i also heard that it may have some side effects anyone with good/bad experiences with ritalin here?
*edit:never mind ill make another topic over this!