Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Sep 2008, 10:32 pm

Does anybody have a problem flying? rather it be vintiage WWII aircraft or regular planes? I love riding / flying in vintage aircraft , it is a good thrill for the entire nervous system , lets me know it still works.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 10:50 pm

Terrified to get up in one (afraid of heights), absolutely love to watch them though.

Always had a fascination with planes, or anything that can fly for that matter. 8)

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2008, 11:01 pm

I hate flying in an airplane. The feeling of weightlessness plus the heights issues makes me terrified.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 11:02 pm

I love it!

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 11:06 pm

I like flying. It's a hundred times better than a bus trip.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 11:17 pm

I do not like flying in airplanes.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 11:18 pm

Ryn wrote:
I hate flying in an airplane. The feeling of weightlessness plus the heights issues makes me terrified.

Weightlessness? In the US, planes don't fly fast enough (about mach .8 is the maximum over land), or generally dive fast enough(they try to stay fairly level), to cause one to be weightless. In the hundreds of trips I have taken, I doubt I was weightless in more than 20 of them. And HEIGHTS? Hey, don't look out the windows. :lol:

-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2008, 11:29 pm

Yeah, I have trouble. I'm flapping my arms as hard as I can, but I'm not getting any lift.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 11:30 pm

Yes. I find that no matter how hard or fast I flap my arms I just can't seem to get off the ground.

I have always wanted to fly on an airplane, just never got the chance. What is funny is that every time my family has ever gone to the airport to pickup a relative the security always harasses my dad a bit more than everyone else. :lol:

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Sep 2008, 12:12 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
Ryn wrote:

Weightlessness? In the US, planes don't fly fast enough (about mach .8 is the maximum over land), or generally dive fast enough(they try to stay fairly level), to cause one to be weightless. In the hundreds of trips I have taken, I doubt I was weightless in more than 20 of them. And HEIGHTS? Hey, don't look out the windows. :lol:

Then I must have had an unlucky flight then. During take off, during landing, and in a change of altitude my stomch falls out of my stomach and I feel weightless. I hate that feeling so much! And yes, heights scare the crap out of me. I get dizzy standing on a ladder, so do you think that I'd appreciate being so high up in the air? Even without looking out the window (which was beautiful and one of the few things I liked about the plane trip, clouds are pretty) I still mentally know that I'm up too high for my comfort.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 12:13 am

Valueman wrote:
Does anybody have a problem flying?

No ... I have a problem with the sudden impact I experience shortly after my arms get tired from all that flapping.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 12:34 am

Yes, I try and try but I just cant seem to generate enough lift.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 12:38 am

Ryn wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
Ryn wrote:

Then I must have had an unlucky flight then. During take off, during landing, and in a change of altitude my stomch falls out of my stomach and I feel weightless. I hate that feeling so much! And yes, heights scare the crap out of me. I get dizzy standing on a ladder, so do you think that I'd appreciate being so high up in the air? Even without looking out the window (which was beautiful and one of the few things I liked about the plane trip, clouds are pretty) I still mentally know that I'm up too high for my comfort.

One little hint, though most here may not have a choice, forward facing seats are more comfortable than rear on takeoff and landing. And seat belts ARE a good idea in the air. You COULD fall up if you don't. That happened on one flight I heard of about the time I almost had a similar case. The plane went so fast, that the belt was holding me down. One woman on another flight had the same thing happen with NO seat belt, and she hit the storage compartments and died. In MY case, we were in a nasty storm.

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 12:50 am

i love flying. the thought of death in an airplane doesnt scare me so i just enjoy the day. i dont fly that often so at least its not boring. i am so obsessed about experiencing not boring things that i even wish for some minor accident.

going to fly by the end of month. :)

prillix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2008, 2:40 am

Skydiving has always been a dream of mine, as far back as i can remember, and one day, oh one day, i will fly.

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Sep 2008, 8:10 am

Thank you to all who replyed!! Just to let you know I fly just about every weekend..

And at some points I fly/ride with my pilot who is over 85 ,most piolts are 60 and over. I have been at or above mach. 5.0 and been turned upside down more than five times.