Page 2 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What god(s) do you think most probable to exist?
Personal, separate from the universe, singular 20%  20%  [ 5 ]
Impersonal, separate from the universe, singular 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Personal, same as the universe, singular 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Impersonal, same as the universe, singular 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Personal, separate from the universe, multiple 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Impersonal, separate from the universe, multiple 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Gods are impossible 20%  20%  [ 5 ]
I don't know what category you fall in, AG, but you are god 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Uncertain 16%  16%  [ 4 ]
Other 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 25

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 11:42 am

z0rp wrote:
I say there's five Gods, Jimmy, Paul, Kevin, Tyrone and James. However there's actually four and Jimmy and James are one God, Jimmy/James just uses two forms to trick the other Gods into giving him more power than he should have since they've divided their power amongst themselves equally. I just thought this up literately as I was typing it but I could probably make that into an interesting story..

Become a theologian!! Share your wisdom with the masses!

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 11:45 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Yeah, I still think the trinity makes very little sense.

Don't expect to make complete sense to you. God, as He actually, is way beyond human understanding. Which is why mankind has so many arguments about Him.

Moses on the Mount of Olives, looking at the burning bush impossibly unconsumed by the flames, hearing the Voice ... that's as close as any human being will get to seeing God as He truly is.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 12:25 pm

But God never said anything about the trinity, just some guys who wrote the Bible and if it's beyond human capacity to understand, how come these guys put it in?

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 12:47 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
z0rp wrote:
I say there's five Gods, Jimmy, Paul, Kevin, Tyrone and James. However there's actually four and Jimmy and James are one God, Jimmy/James just uses two forms to trick the other Gods into giving him more power than he should have since they've divided their power amongst themselves equally. I just thought this up literately as I was typing it but I could probably make that into an interesting story..

Become a theologian!! Share your wisdom with the masses!

It sounds like a fun job nonetheless... :lol:

Sand wrote:
But God never said anything about the trinity, just some guys who wrote the Bible and if it's beyond human capacity to understand, how come these guys put it in?

Well that's one of the things, before you even get to the point where you start dissecting the errors and such in the bible you have to look where it came from, which is an extremely fuzzy and twisted tale.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 12:48 pm

Sand wrote:

They were inspired. Man claim a co-authorship credit on the Bible. It was a joint-authorship between the LORD and human beings. This just goes around and around in circles, this argument. :roll:

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 1:13 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Sand wrote:

They were inspired. Man claim a co-authorship credit on the Bible. It was a joint-authorship between the LORD and human beings. This just goes around and around in circles, this argument. :roll:

I would ask for solid evidence that these Men who wrote the bible actually encountered Jesus but I forgot I can't..

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 1:23 pm

You can't take anyone at their word, can you? Sometimes you just have to take someone at their word. If these guys say they hung out with Jesus, than FAIAP they did.

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 3:34 pm

slowmutant wrote:
You can't take anyone at their word, can you? Sometimes you just have to take someone at their word. If these guys say they hung out with Jesus, than FAIAP they did.

Oh I can definitely take people at their word, for example if someone tells me they hung out with Bill Gates I might believe them. But when someone tells me they hung out with a supernatural divine impossible god in a non-joking manor, and told stories about this divine being, about how this god in human form showed off useless talents such as walking on water and showed it self to hundreds of people yet their book is the only one that tells of this god's appearance, it sounds fishy. There's a difference between taking people at their word for things that are actually far in the possible region and taking people for their word for things that are possible in the opposite direction. And why are you taking their word for it and not the people who witnessed Muhammad? Surely they're reliable right? Why aren't you a muslim? Why don't you take any of the other faiths' word?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 12:55 am

The Bible says that in the beginning there was the Word. Nobody knew what that Word was until Bill Gates started to make a great success of his office system.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 6:59 am

In the beginning was the Word.

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 7:33 am

In the beginning was the Word

And the word was with God

And the word was God

So...

If Occam's razor removes God from the conversation, what is left?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 7:35 am

Remove God from the conversation, and you're left with ... God.

Divide zero by zero and you're left with ... zero.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 8:20 am

Either that or Bill Gates is God. Should I sacrifice a goat to Bill Gates?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 8:33 am

Sand wrote:

Bill Gates is a just a man. :duh:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 8:46 am

It's impressive to know that someone has actually closely checked out Bill Gates. A report on that procedure would be much appreciated.

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 9:30 am

slowmutant wrote:
Sand wrote:

Bill Gates is a just a man. :duh:

And Jesus is just a fairy tale. :P