Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Sep 2008, 11:02 am

Are you financialy boound by your parent? Me I'am if I piss my mothe r off no groceries ,no gas money , no maitence for major minor car repairs wihtout why I should put a air conditioner in your car? And have to give three reasons for that request .. For every job I have had my mother has wanted something from the job. using me for fringe benifets. My mother has my wax balls in a atight cinch .. She will not relase unitll I tell her I will call the SSA. The waxdeejay has been working with me to improve the dexterity of mind and physical contronl over my life..

LET IT BE KNOWN I STAND UP TO HER WHEN I KNOW I'am right

Valueman out.... Jeremy

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 12:57 pm

One of the most evil policies our government has laid down has been the law which forbids disabled people from working, marrying, owning land, etc.

If you are on Medicaid, it is the worst. You cannot work, marry, own anything worth more than $1500 or you will lose your benefits which are not a big deal, but you will LOSE HEALTH CARE. That is evil. So all your assets and livlihood are held hostage by a law which makes you dependent on someone always.

If you are on Medicare, it is a bit better. You can have Nonearned income like inheritance, but still you cannot marry or you will lose Medicare. If you have no inheritance, you are only allowed to make a certain amount of money which may or may not be enough to make you independent. So this bunk about disabled people and indepence, in USA is trash talk.

God bless those who have made it, but the system is one which prevents independence. Than some fat redneck tells you to get a job. HA.

So, hang in there and appreciate their help. WHen they are dead and you are on your own, I can assure you that you would give your whole soul to have them back for a day.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 7:52 pm

I have to live with my parents because I can't afford rent on SSI. I live in California. My dad considers me his personal servant, and even though he's not as violent as he was when I was a kid (he no longer beats me, for example) he still considers it whining if I'm not available any time he asks. My mom is not as bad, but she is stuck on this image of me as a helpless little disabled kid. She doesn't think I can make any decisions on my own. I tried working, but even though I only made a few hundred dollars a month I got most of my SSI taken away for it. So I quit. I was actually worse off for working under the rules. I am starting a business, but my parents don't think I can pull it off and are constantly questioning me. The system is designed to keep people dependent, which is the absolute worst outcome. I've read of autistics in their 40s whose parents suddenly die of some old age related ailment and they're stuck because they can't balance a checkbook. If somebody doesn't take them in, they're out on the streets. When I could afford rent, everything was great, but once I couldn't I ended up dependent on my family.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 8:07 pm

Well, does it help if I say you're a nice guy to help your mom out she is lucky she has you and all the good you do comes back at ya?

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Sep 2008, 8:25 pm

Thank you .. It is not the fact that I can get work ... it is the fact when living w/my mother at the time she would interfere with my rest cycle and hav eme clean her mess upin her kitchen .. I worked for Igloo for only two weeks due to the fact that she would come home and crank the Tv up -loud- and wake me up to due chores ,not waiting for one of my off days. I would be happy to help but not when i'amm working 30 miles away in a plant which you need to be at least 100% alert if not more to function for quata. I could run my finannces however in the past I unaware of how much money I was spending and running low for rent nad bills. However it is here and now I recive guidience form Focus and other members such as the waxdeejay ! !! So with that being said the sytem is to well complx for a person like myself to fully understand... It's like reading stero instructoins. yet it is geared to your statement the government is geard to keep us dependent.... Valueman ..Jeremy

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Sep 2008, 8:43 pm

When I knew how much my first check would be :

I had two oustanding bills . Fortionally I only had to pay the actuall balance. no finance charge. I can make deals like taking oil from a Texan.

So the check arrives , the account is opened , mom disappears for a day , mom comes back with three arm loads of new clothes. I asked where did oyu get ht e money for this? She repiles I spent some of your check. I repiled we talked about paying the two bills off first ! She replies " Don't you think I deserve this for allthe trouble you put me trought the lat 26 years?" Valueman .. Jeremy

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 8:48 pm

Sorry about all that:(

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Sep 2008, 8:51 pm

Thank you Valueman .. Jeremy..

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 8:53 pm

No problem, Jeremy:)

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 9:26 pm

Valueman wrote:
When I knew how much my first check would be :

I had two oustanding bills . Fortionally I only had to pay the actuall balance. no finance charge. I can make deals like taking oil from a Texan.

So the check arrives , the account is opened , mom disappears for a day , mom comes back with three arm loads of new clothes. I asked where did oyu get ht e money for this? She repiles I spent some of your check. I repiled we talked about paying the two bills off first ! She replies " Don't you think I deserve this for allthe trouble you put me trought the lat 26 years?" Valueman .. Jeremy

There's one word for that:

EVIL!

Parents are NOT entitled to their child's wages, especially if that child is over 18. When I was working, my money was MINE. My SSI check is mine. Yes, it's welfare, but once I get it, it's mine to spend. If that was your account and your check, which you indicate it was, she had no right to go and spend it. Indeed, she could have been prosecuted for abuse of a dependent adult (which you obviously are since you depend on her for housing).

I had an incident in my family where a relative hired some foreign nationals (legal immigrants) to take care of her father, instead they helped themselves to not only all his money but anything he owned of any value (which was then sold) and when they were discovered they fled back to their country which has no extradition treaty with the US.

After she sorted it all out, she discovered that they had sunk him into massive debt. He was so befuddled from old age that he didn't know what he was doing. This is a guy who had quite a bit in life savings, which was not only stolen, but they got him to guarantee massive amounts of debt. Then they fled and left him to hold the bag.

These types of stories are common with old people and child stars, but your mom has the same mentality, they think they deserve somebody else's money. Your mom is a vulture, and she is obviously selfish and immature. The problem is, if she went to prison, you'd be on the streets. She knows it and uses it as leverage. I would rather be beaten, personally.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Sep 2008, 9:49 pm

If you live in the US, the Bureau of Developmental Disabilities and the Aged and Disabled Agency in your area will have advocates that can step in and change those things. This is abuse, and you need to call someone. She is using you for purposes that are not too nice.

If your mom is the payee on your check, you can go to your SSI caseworker and get that changed. Especially if she does not have guardianship of you and you are over 18. You can also ask them to deposit the check into another account that does not have her name on it, which you can also do if you are over 18.

It is not true that you can not work and collect SSI. You need to go to your adult service provider and ask them if they have a Benefits Counselor. This person can sit down with you and explain how much you can make before it affects your benefits. They will also tell you what expenses do not count toward your benefits and which ones count against them.

There are people out there who can help you. You just have to find them. Adult service providers, social security offices, divisions of family and children, and other agencies like those have benefits counselors. There is usually someone who needs to do an assessment to become certified. So you can often get it done for free. Ask.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 9:55 pm

Jeremy, did you already get approved for SSDI?

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Sep 2008, 10:22 pm

It is SSD I belive and not the SSDI .. SSD -yes I live in my own place payed for by the check .. She can not be prosecuted ,because the fact that this is a save haven for me away from her but still near my airport duties and my grandparents needs. The waxdeejay offerd me a job which I could have been self suportive of myself including the check, however family crisis mean more to me than being self supportive of my own well being. Thank you for all you r genourus comments/replys.

Valueman / Jeremy

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 10:26 pm

Jeremy, the reason I asked is because if you already have it you don't have to worry about trying to get it through the courts. Now, as for your mother, if she is your payee she shouldn't take all you check.

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Sep 2008, 10:30 pm

to make sure the understanding off current case scenenario please read my other topic units .

Valueman/ Jeremy

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 9:15 am

Nice of you to help them out:)