Ten Things I Hate About... Whatever

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 11:47 pm

-People who are shallow and let this dictate how they treat others.
-Bullies - Especially those who use either their power or other socially acceptable shields to get away with hurting the weak.
-People who blame anime, video games, metal music or any other unconventional entertainment for the ills of the world because they're too afraid to tackle the real issues.
-The ease with which people dismiss the troubles of others as their own fault, no matter how severe, so they don't have to care or try to help.
-Society's tendency to see difference of sorts they aren't familiar with as Something To Be Fixed.
-The disrespect given to platonic companionship and those who prefer it over sexual sorts.
-People who believe that they're right just because they are an authority figure.
-How crude and tainted the popular culture is - and yet, the complete disdain for anything more substantial.
-Hypocrisy and people's refusal to recognize it and reconcile inconsistencies.
-People who hurt others selfishly and then turn around and say it was "for their own good."

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 1:08 am

Mortality
Being limited to only four dimensions
Hypocrites
Narcissists
Superficiality
Politicians
Most people in the entertainment industry including sports
Salesmen or saleswomen
Waıters and waıtresses
Canids

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 1:55 am

Resenters

Bums

Borgs

Hypocrites

Drama-ies

Phonies

Martinets

Narcists

Bullies

Prevaricators

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 7:02 am

Fnord wrote:
Fallacies: Follow THIS LINK.

Why doesn't this link mention Reductio ad Hitlerum ("argument to Hitler")? It's without a doubt the most used fallacy in most political message boards...

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 10:28 am

Reodor_Felgen wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Fallacies: Follow THIS LINK.

Why doesn't this link mention Reductio ad Hitlerum ("Argument to Hitler")? It's without a doubt the most used fallacy in most political message boards...

Reductio ad Hitlerum (a.k.a., "Playing the Nazi Card") takes the form of "Hitler and/or the Nazis supported X, therefore X must be evil, undesirable, and/or bad". The argument carries tremendous emotional content, as most cultures consider anything relating to Hitler or Nazis as automatically condemnable.

Then, of course, there is Godwin's Law, which states: "As a [Usenet] discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

I don't know why neither of these is included at the site I linked to, but they should be!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.