Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 2:39 pm

I've been waiting to get my check from the insurance company back from the last time I got my medicine. Without that check I can't afford to refill my medicine - its over $500/month and its set up so i pay that $500 and then the insurance sends me a check for $500.

Well they weren't sending it, and when I called about it the insurance company said it was still being processed. Since I was down to a 2 day supply of meds I had to go to the pharmacy to get a weeks supply to hold me over until I got my check. I knew I'd be borrowing some money to pay bills until that check came in since I'd have to use my bill money on the medicine (right now every dime I own has been borrowed, so i'd need to find someone additionally to borrow money from)

Well turns out I have medicare now (just got the letter in the mail today but I went to the pharmacy before the mail came). The pharmacist found this out somehow when i explained my situation and she looked into ways of getting my medicine cheaper. Now its $3 for a months supply.

When the mail came today there was a letter about my insurance claims being denied due to my coverage being cancelled. You see I sent in two months payment in july and they don't have a clue what they did with my money. They readily admit that they did in fact get and cash my check but say the payment can't be attributed to me until they find out where they put my money. I was told my insurance would not be cancelled because I had proved that I had in fact paid my premium. Now they are denying all of my claims due to my not having paid my premium. I sent in the copy of the check on August 28. I'm giving the insurance company one more week before I start reporting them to the BBB and the state insurance regulation agency. It shouldn't matter that they don't know what they did with my money. If they can admit they have my money they should be able to admit that I have paid my premiums. I find it more than suspicious that I had no trouble having payments accredited to my account where i forgot to write the billing number on the check, but this one where I did do that, didn't get attributed to my account. And this payment happened to be the first one after I reached the point where the insurance has to pay 100% of my claims.

I ran into some trouble earlier with them when I was sending in "not a pre-existing condition" forms. First they claimed they had every page but the one with the doctors signature - which was impossible because the page was put into the envelope and sealed immediately upon the doctor signing it. So I had the doctors office fax it - they claimed they didn't receive anything the first two times. That's when I sent them an email saying I was beginning to get very suspicious about why my paperwork wasn't being received and said i hoped I didn't have to contact the BBB - they got all my doctor's offices faxes after that

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74894.html

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 2:24 am

typical, those kinds of organisations have a habit of "not receiving" faxes when it comes to having to pay monies. ( i have this problem with insurance companies at work sometimes when we are trying to get them to reimburse us for the medical reports we had to get.)