Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AGMorehouse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Sep 2008, 4:24 pm

This guy is an idiot. Extremely childish, and condescending, this is low.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,420621,00.html

you will jouney from boy to man

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 5:16 pm

Well, now that the REAL expert on the issues has spoken... Seriously, is he trying to give the McCain camp more ammunition to tie Obama to vapid celebrities? It must be that bad apple George Clooney rubbing off on young Matt, he needs to get some friends his own age.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 5:35 pm

How patronizing! Like I need some celebrity to tell me that Palin would make a grossly inadequate vice-president!

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 12:16 am

Yeah well ya know I think it's really sad when celebrities have opinions on politics.. they should all keep their mouths shut because they KNOW that their opinion matters so much less then regular tax paying folks..

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 9:25 am

ShawnWilliam wrote:
Yeah well ya know I think it's really sad when celebrities have opinions on politics.. they should all keep their mouths shut because they KNOW that their opinion matters so much less then regular tax paying folks..

Ha ha, very true. :D

AGMorehouse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Sep 2008, 3:35 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:

Well said, dude. Overpaid, underworked, and hypocritical (they champion themselves as "Progressives", but you know they hide thier money) too.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 4:49 pm

So, when some interviewer asks a celeb his or her opinion on a political topic, he/she is supposed to say, 'I'm sorry, I'm famous and therefore have no right to a political opinion. Please ask me about my hair,'?
Get off it. Celebs have opinions just like everyone else, and their opinions are filmed and broadcast just like their trips off the sidewalk and hanging boogers and beautiful boy/girlfriends and happy days are broadcast.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 4:58 pm

I guess no one noticed the sarcasm there.. :lol: I believe in free speech and any actor has the right to it just as much as we do.. but it's true that actors dont suffer the same as middle and lower class people..

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 6:32 pm

LKL wrote:
So, when some interviewer asks a celeb his or her opinion on a political topic, he/she is supposed to say, 'I'm sorry, I'm famous and therefore have no right to a political opinion. Please ask me about my hair,'?
Get off it. Celebs have opinions just like everyone else, and their opinions are filmed and broadcast just like their trips off the sidewalk and hanging boogers and beautiful boy/girlfriends and happy days are broadcast.

I'm not saying they are not entitled to their political opinions, I just wish they would keep them to themselves more often. They are in the public eye, and they know that anything they say that is in the least bit controversial will be reported and soundbited to death, especially if it's political. I think in the case of entertainers that it has something to do with the fact that they know that their profession really doesn't contribute anything, and they have this idea that they can add some "substance" to their lives by getting involved in politics. It's the grandstanding and publicity stunts that get to me, these celebs get involved with issues that they have no understanding of because they get seduced into thinking that their involvement alone can "make a difference". I have no problem with celebs working with groups and donating money, it's when they make a big deal out of it and call attention to their efforts that I roll my eyes.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 7:44 pm

AGMorehouse wrote:

Do you not take the piss out of politcians in a similar manner? MD is just expressing his political views.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 8:07 pm

Dox47 wrote:
It's the grandstanding and publicity stunts that get to me, these celebs get involved with issues that they have no understanding of because they get seduced into thinking that their involvement alone can "make a difference". I have no problem with celebs working with groups and donating money, it's when they make a big deal out of it and call attention to their efforts that I roll my eyes.

Dead aim. The weird thing is, a lot of times the public tends to generalize their authority.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 8:12 pm

Opinions are like a$$holes ... everbody's got one.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 8:14 pm

But we're all talking about it...

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 8:44 pm

Ohhhh, this is just begging for The Onion to do an "American Voices" piece on it....

http://www.theonion.com/content/amvo/mc ... alin_as_vp

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 9:59 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzebAhZnCuk[/youtube]

Why does noob Obama get a free pass from the pissy-mouthed, hypocritical hipsters but Barracuda gets ragged? Sexists.

AGMorehouse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Sep 2008, 11:00 pm

slowmutant wrote:
AGMorehouse wrote:

Do you not take the piss out of politcians in a similar manner? MD is just expressing his political views.

And I am expressing my views about him...in a simple terms, I'm exercising my free speech just like him. :D