Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 11:16 pm

AGMorehouse wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
AGMorehouse wrote:
This guy is an idiot. Extremely childish, and condescending, this is low.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,420621,00.html

Do you not take the piss out of politcians in a similar manner? MD is just expressing his political views.

And I am expressing my views about him...in a simple terms, I'm exercising my free speech just like him. :D

Is he an idiot, childish, condescending etc. for expressing an opinion? No, you name-calll just like MD because you don't like his words.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 11:04 am

He's right though. Can't believe they're all lapping up this 'hockey mom' BS, it's actually insane. People will vote for her because she calls herself a 'hockey mom' - and a pitbull, why the hell would you vote for someone who calls themselves a pitbull?! - and has kids. Woop-de-doo.

It's just like old Russell Brand put it at the MTV awards... :D

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 11:25 am

I've got a song to sing right now

Trruuuueee men of geeeenniusss....(true men of genius....)....
Mr.-Hollywood-politics-and-hair-product-analyzer........ :lol: :roll:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 6:49 pm

P!nk spouts off on Sarah Palin

Anyone see this? The singer P!nk making a bunch of inane criticisms of Palin, I think my favorite of the bunch is "why does she hate animals?". I don't think she hates them, she just likes shooting and eating them, most people have just gotten rather distanced from the former part.

The other part of celebrities shooting their mouths off in public on politics that bugs me is that it makes them less effective entertainers in my mind. I happen to like Matt Damon as an actor, and I happen to like P!nk as a singer. Now, whenever I see them my enjoyment of their craft is diminished because I can't help but think of their vapid statements, in the case of Damon it breaks the illusion of his acting to some degree. How can I see him as super assassin Jason Bourne when I keep hearing him as the latest addition to the Hollywood liberal club? Clooney at least would have said something funny...

BTW, I tend to give Brad and Angie a pass, since most of their charity work is non-partisan, and they don't seem to go out of their way to draw attention to it. As said, I don't have so much of a problem with celebrity activism if it's sincere, and not some image-burnishing stunt.

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2008, 8:10 pm

I came to realize, after considering a commercial featuring Bill Cosby, how ironic it is that we are told to purchase a product, or support a position, based on the word of a person whose job is essentially to lie to us. Think about it. I mean, Bruce Willis is not a cop, nor is he a construction worker who, if he had to, could be sent into space to destroy a giant meteor that is threatening to destroy the planet. He's an actor, he lives in an expensive mansion (mostly likely) in California, and if you pay him enough money, he'll claim to be whatever you want him to be. It also reminds me of the Jim Carrey film The Truman Show; specifically, the part when Truman realizes that his world is actually a giant stage and tries to escape, and when the actors/townspeople have to try to stop him they can't, because they're only actors playing a part.

As for Palin, they'll vote for her because she's an experienced executive-branch administrator, something Barack Obama is not (and neither was Hillary Clinton).

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 10:30 pm

"Experienced executive branch administrator?! !" she was governor of alaska for less than two years, and mayor of a city of less than 8K before that. As mayor, she tried to fire a librarian for 'lack of loyalty' because the librarian wouldn't ban books for Palin, and as governor she fired someone else because he wouldn't fire her ex-brother-in-law, a state trooper. We may have more of 'executive record' on Palin; paltry though it is, it does not paint a pretty picture of her management style. She thinks nepotism is a good way to make appointments, just like Bush does. Remember "Heckuhva job, Brownie!"

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 10:40 pm

LKL wrote:
As mayor, she tried to fire a librarian for 'lack of loyalty' because the librarian wouldn't ban books for Palin, and as governor she fired someone else because he wouldn't fire her ex-brother-in-law, a state trooper.

I know your a fan of places like factcheck.org and Annenberg, remember to use them both when they supports your thoughts as well as when it negates them.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 11:13 pm

Wasn't Susan Sarandon embarrassing enough for the acting profession, now dumbo Damon has to open his mouth.

""It's like a really bad Disney movie, "The Hockey Mom.' Oh, I'm just a hockey mom from Alaska, and she's president," said Damon. "She's facing down Vladimir Putin and using the folksy stuff she learned at the hockey rink. It's absurd."

How dare she not come from a Patrician political family!

Where does he think Vlad came from? He was a policeman at the start I think.

You can see why they attract the 'elitist' critique.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 11:27 pm

wait... :o .... ........... ........ ............ .. ... . . ... .... did Matt Damon actually get ON Sarah Palin?.. is that what this is about? 8O

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 12:02 am

LKL wrote:
"Experienced executive branch administrator?! !" she was governor of alaska for less than two years, and mayor of a city of less than 8K before that. As mayor, she tried to fire a librarian for 'lack of loyalty' because the librarian wouldn't ban books for Palin, and as governor she fired someone else because he wouldn't fire her ex-brother-in-law, a state trooper. We may have more of 'executive record' on Palin; paltry though it is, it does not paint a pretty picture of her management style. She thinks nepotism is a good way to make appointments, just like Bush does. Remember "Heckuhva job, Brownie!"

WE WANT CHANGE AND WE WANT CHANGE NOW!! WE ARE IRRITATED AT LIVING AND BEING THE SAME!

BARAK OBAMA IS FOR CHANGE! HIS NAME IS DIFFERENT! HIS SKIN TONE TOO! REAL CHANGE!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 9:00 am

ShawnWilliam wrote:
wait... :o .... ........... ........ ............ .. ... . . ... .... did Matt Damon actually get ON Sarah Palin?.. is that what this is about? 8O

Nah, you would have seen him with a cast and crutches. Not enough of a man.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 4:06 pm

He's ghey anyway, isn't he? The wife is just a 'beard'.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 6:06 am

If Matt Damon were gay, I don't think he'd be married to a woman. :doh:

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 6:08 am

You're very naive.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 6:10 am

Quote:
How many women would be willing to be Matt Damon's beard, I ask you?

Quoted for Best Rhetorical Question Ever! :lol:

Last edited by slowmutant on 16 Sep 2008, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hurricane_Delta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2008, 11:51 pm

slowmutant wrote:
How many women would be willing to be Matt Damon's beard, I ask you?

What does this have to do with politics?

In any case, if Palin became president, it would be like a disney movie. Oh, and Oscuria, I don't appreciate vacuous attacks and racism.