Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 2:04 pm

Do you like giving pieces of information (for example information about yourself when someone asks you but not only) at one go or in small doses? I prefer the first way because I tend to perceive the latter as some sort of destroying some integrity - I simply don't like dividing things into pieces.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 2:11 pm

Irulan wrote:
Do you like giving pieces of information (for example information about yourself when someone asks you but not only) at one go or in small doses?

All at once, but I also try to answer only the question that is asked. For instance, if I'm asked how many people visited the house last night, I will answer with a number; and if someone just wants to know who was there, I'll try to rattle off the names

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 2:15 pm

Depends if I know what the heck the other person/people are talking about.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 7:40 pm

Irulan wrote:
Do you like giving pieces of information (for example information about yourself when someone asks you but not only) at one go or in small doses? I prefer the first way because I tend to perceive the latter as some sort of destroying some integrity - I simply don't like dividing things into pieces.

Have great difficulty "compartmentalizing" anything, including self-so I end up either saying too much-or too little, when it seems there's no way for me to answer sufficiently in the allotted time/space/attention span.

Circumscribed, narrow slices of my personality seem as if they'd give wrong (easy to misunderstand by others) impression-so I feel pressure to contextualize my responses, but that leads to "TMI"-which I'm not intending to inflict-only that I feel need to provide "background" through which to properly comprehend/interpret me.

"Incompletion complex" (being unable to finish things drives me crazy), one might call it ? Aaargh.