Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 1:37 am

I'm not really sure what angers me the most... a few things can anger me quite a lot and it's hard to say which is tops, but my #2brother knew how to hit my buttons and would pretty regularly so I'd say my #2brother angers me the most, or used to when he lived with us.

You mentioned sense of entitlement. My #2brother would steal things that were mine and ruin them or lose them and use the excuse that because we are brothers, I am obligated to support him and he doesn't have to ask. That would tick me off quite a bit but not anger me outright, it was more of a steam train effect, just building up and up and up. He was also a hypocrite, if I took something of his without asking he would blow up at me, which is when the steam train would roll over his idiotic ass. Which kind of brings up hypocrisy, now I'm not going to say I'm perfectly innocent and have never done anything hypocritical, but outright and open hypocrisy gets me steaming.

Something else my brother would do that angered me. He would look at a problem and blame the effects of the problem, not the source of the problem. And he would be adamant and not want to address the real issue. This pisses me off for two reasons, one: it just stacks more problems onto the issue rather than solving any problems and two: being a stubborn unreasonable ass is just annoying.

Another thing that angers me is bullying. Bullying can take all kinds of forms, the straight up verbal assault, the straight up physical assault, the slight digs, and the "accidental" waylay and probably several others. I've always had a hard time standing up for myself against bullying. But I have a pretty easy time at reacting more appropriately when I see it being done to someone else and stepping in for them(Unless they're about to get pounded by a large group of people), the focus being on someone else makes it easier for me to think and react for some reason, I don't know why.

And finally I'd agree with those that get upset when people talk to them or to other people while they are watching a show/movie or reading a book/listening to music. Especially when those people feel they have a right to turn the volume down so they can speak over the sound. I can get rude right back pretty quick then. :x

Quote:
That sounds more like they are trying to keep you from being an introverted mouse than trying to guilt you into taking them to the beach

Except they are being degrading and openly manipulative because they feel they've got you in a corner. In which case any self respecting person would tell them to take a hike and pound sand.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 1:44 am

Social Hipocrisy

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 2:01 am

Reality television. Fundamentalist religious people. Militant atheists. Curebies. Fascists. Bigots. Binge-drinkers. Supermodels. People who follow rules simply because they exist without thinking about them. Squealers (in petty situations.) Non-squealers (in the face of injustice.)
The general population (many Aspies included).
I can hate abstract concepts but not specific people. It's a problem of mine.

wrongchild
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Sep 2008, 4:06 am

I really hate someone who like to tease me just for fun. I always fly into a rage at the end, I yell at them and warn them never do that again.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 5:01 am

Hypocrites
Neo-fascists
People who call anyone "white trash" simply because they're not exceedingly wealthy

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 6:24 am

Internet people who think they know me when they aren't even close.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 6:31 am

Aurore wrote:
Added to my list: people thinking I'm being condescending to them and people being insulted when I mean no insult. 8O I don't want to get in a fight with you, it actually makes me feel like sh*t that I insulted you that much.

Yeah. Your pet peeve above seems to be one example of one of mine:

In the everyday-people-interaction part of the world, what irritates me the most is when people decide they know (for sure) my thoughts, feelings, motivations, etc., and then act on their (false) "knowledge" regardless of anything I do or say. (Perhaps this pet peeve has been honed by spending at least eight years of my life in one form of therapy or another, none of which were presented to me as optional. While there were some decent people, people in that profession seem especially prone to believing they have unique insight into my mind that I don't have.)

It's not that I mind getting harsh advice from time to time, but the advice has to be reality-based.

I also get mad in interactions where I am acting in good faith, and the other person turns out not to be. And interactions where the other person is nasty and manipulative, so assumes that I (and possibly the entire rest of the world) must be as well (thereby making what would be merely an annoying interaction, into a true mindf**k at times).

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 6:49 am

what angers me the most is when people make you look like a fool in a discussion simply by using group think or outright tautology instead of an argument. it's so frustrating, especially when you *know* you're right and what they're representing is just total mental laziness, but still they win because there's more of them and they can just take a piss out of you (that happens a lot when talking about stuff like religion and evolution... arrrrgh!).

another thing is random physical contact, especially people who insist on standing too close to you and whenever you move away they treat it as an invitation to come closer. I had a huge outburst of rage because of that a few days ago, some old lady in a supermarket kept pushing me with her trolley in the queue to the checkout (and it wasn't even crowded). I got so mad I really assaulted her verbally with all the *french* that came to my mind. now I feel really ashamed of it, she was about a 100 years old... :p all the people around me were actually quite shocked by my outburst...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 7:07 am

So many things irritate me and I am not an "easy" person most the time. Some things in particular upset me.

Being ganged up on by others
Being talked about by others behind my back especially when it's a bunch of half truths they are convinced are true
Not getting a job that I've applied for is really difficult for me wishes I were more resilient
Neighbors that are overly intrusive, make stuff up and harass me that really gets on my nerves
erroneous assumptions made by others
people who are completely superficial I am somewhat superficial but the veneer is only half of the picture not the whole picture and people who are only concerned about the veneer and nothing else bore me
When people I like get treated like crap

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 15 Sep 2008, 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 7:35 am

What I really hate is hypocrisy and the behind one's back culture I live in. I also dislike my urge to do something about that 'cos it got me in such a mess at the moment.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 7:52 am

I really don't like the "behind the back" culture either. I like to know what I am up against! I would rather hear for myself what is being said by others but instead they sneak off and talk when I am not there to defend myself and a lot of it they are mistaken about. This happens sooooo much in this day and age. No one has the guts to say anything to anyone's face.

Let me refrain: I would rather them either say it to my face or not say it period, to anyone. I am not saying I enjoy them saying it to my face, lol. I would just rather have them say it to my face if they are going to say it at all.

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 15 Sep 2008, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 8:13 am

I hear ya, ooOoOoOAna.
Probably best we accept it 'cos I don't think it's going to change. It's the trouble being a loner, a non- conformist, that sort of thing overcomes us.

Best of luck,
C.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 8:22 am

Prejudice.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 8:53 am

Quote:
While it sometimes surprises me that a person will ask me for a favor, it never ceases to amaze me that they also expect me to fulfill their request, and that they then become upset when I turn them down.

It's true. I work in insurance and you'd be surprised how common this mentality is. I'm sort of sore, where's my handout? My bumper's scuffed, where's my rental car? I'm mildly inconvenienced, where's my ivory chariot, the 10 white horses, and my $10000 golden ticket?

But it doesn't make me that angry, otherwise I wouldn't be able to deal with it at all. Frustration stress makes me angry. Being expected to do waaaay to much in too short a period of time or feeling like "I have to get it/I'll never get it". That feeling can make me lash out like a wounded animal....

Last edited by patternist on 15 Sep 2008, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 8:57 am

hypocrisy, prejudice thinking, judgmental people, shallow people, ignorant people

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 9:29 am

the ignorance of humanity