22 year old autistic male here... hi...

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Paulos
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Sep 2008, 11:26 am

Hi everyone... how are you all. Hope you're well.

I'm not exactly a regular on this site, for I'm kind of confused when I come here sometimes... I get overwhelmed quick at things, and so on... but I'm a 22 year old autistic male who has major OCD, panic disorder, anxiety trouble, and depression... I'm on Zoloft 50mg... I was just on Clomipramine 50mg but it was making me so sick my psychiatrist had to take me off of it.

I feel so lost... before 2005 *I was also once a binge drinker but I'm off it for 92 days now* I was so passionate about life, my self, my site, my work... now I feel all emo like... sure I always had depression/anxiety in the back of my mind as a youth, but ever since November 2005 when I went through my first alcohol withdrawal the crap hit the fan... well anyway... I'm also disabled with autism/learning disorder so I don't work I get disability, and uh... man it's hard to admit that I'm semi ret*d but it feels like I am... man... what a hand I've been dealt in life.

Well... if anyone has AIM/AOL and wants to IM me my name on it is PaulostheSpy... well... c-ya all.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 2:21 pm

hi!

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 2:28 pm

Glad you're here and hope you find lots of fellowship.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 3:36 pm

Welcome back to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Paulos

16 Sep 2008, 1:10 am

t-thanks..

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 11:29 am

Pleased to meet you, Paulos. And all the best to you and to your "gamelegacies" site.

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 12:17 pm

You don't sound the least bit ret*d. What gave you an idea like that?

Paulos

16 Sep 2008, 12:31 pm

My... feelings of how I can't handle anything, how I cry so much lately, how I've been such a stress to my mother, how everything such as the world seems overwhelming ... how I stick to just certain things I like... can't read/focus too well... I feel so terrible.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 12:36 pm

Maybe you should try talking to the doctor. I was on Paxil and now my brain feels so weird and empty a lot. Hard to describe. I don't think I was like this before the Paxil experience. Maybe your brain is missing the Zoloft or having a post Zoloft effect?

and hi, btw :)

Electric_Kite
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 5:01 pm

How long have you been on zoloft? Did it work before? Some people need to cycle SSRIs. How long off the clomipramine? The crazymeds.us people (who describe themselves as "autistic-bipolar-epileptic uberspazzen") say they all have a crappy time with TCAs.

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 10:30 pm

Quote:
My... feelings of how I can't handle anything, how I cry so much lately, how I've been such a stress to my mother, how everything such as the world seems overwhelming ... how I stick to just certain things I like... can't read/focus too well... I feel so terrible.

Sound just like how I feel. With time you will learn to get around certain obstacles or at least get around them with only falling on your knees instead of your face. Welcome to Wrong Planet.