Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 12:01 pm

Would you say all this attention on Palin is just a smokescreen for McCann, who has less pulling power on his own? Also do Palin's views polarize those that are typical McCain voters? He claims to be a bit more modern or at least he implied that before Palin came around.

It seems that Obama has picked a more typical example of a vice presidential candidate, but Palin is becoming a cult of personality. It doesn't seem to be so much about her as a 'hockey mum', but more that it is so patently ridiculous you couldn't make it up. Especially following Bush, it is having a stupefying effect. Even the Democrats have fallen right into it. I think they need to draw more attention on McCain not Palin.

Why is everyone so focused on Palin it beyond me? She thrives on this controversy yet is not the presidential candidate.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 12:05 pm

Palin has one thing the other three Prez/VP candidates don't...

Why do you think Obama vs Hillary was an order of magnitude bigger than any other democratic primary ever?

I hate to say it, but sexism still runs rampant in America.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 12:09 pm

I'm an outside observer. With the prejudice factored in what about the strategy?

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 12:15 pm

McCain picked Palin specifically because it would draw fire from himself. It also has the side effect of drawing both the super-conservative crowd and the "anyone but Obama" ex-Hillary supporters (although risking losing the moderates such as myself).

Personally, even with the VP picks laid out, I still don't care who wins. So long as the winner doesn't try to ban video games (as Hillary, a Jack Thompson supporter, would have doubtless tried to do), I'm fine with it. With most substantive issues, I can't really favor either Obama or McCain (although I'm starting to lean towards Obama on the economy).