Page 5 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

nicky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Oct 2008, 7:40 pm

Pithlet wrote:
The one with the kitten's a dude!? He must be a juvie then. There's no way that even an Asian adult male on hormones could have wrists like that. That's what I look at first whenever I'm not sure. The wrists. But if they're a kid there is almost no way to tell.

actually, he's 27. :D
here's a gallery where you can see lots of pics of him.
http://j-rock.narod.ru/miyavi/photomiyavi.html

and here's a vid of him being his spaztastic self. :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz5N5euM2ic&feature=related[/youtube]

it's not uncommon for j-rockers to be androgynous.
for example: Gackt, Hyde, Mana-sama, bou, etc.

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2008, 12:20 am

27 huh? Wow. He's very...delicate looking. He kind of reminds me of one of those modern Japanese dolls that look realistic but sort of anime (I forget what they're called). You think you're looking at one that's supposed to be like a twelve year old girl but it's really supposed to be a man.

I'll see if I can find a picture of one.

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 2:20 am

Pithlet wrote:
27 huh? Wow. He's very...delicate looking. He kind of reminds me of one of those modern Japanese dolls that look realistic but sort of anime (I forget what they're called). You think you're looking at one that's supposed to be like a twelve year old girl but it's really supposed to be a man.

They're ball-jointed dolls. Here is a male:

I was once told that most of the male dolls are actually female bodies with a different chest piece and (sometimes) different head.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 6:38 am

That looks like a female doll to me.

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 8:30 am

I guess I'm a bit of an Androgyne, simply because I'm not girly or fluffy. Then again I don't fit the tomboy stereotype either. I live in jeans, boots and mens jumpers for the most part, and if I'm getting dressed-up it'll probobly be a trouser suit.

Really androgynous women can look amazing though. The first who comes to mind for me is Annie Lennox in the Eurythmics days.

And Tilda Swinton.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 8:43 am

nicky wrote:
Pithlet wrote:
The one with the kitten's a dude!? He must be a juvie then. There's no way that even an Asian adult male on hormones could have wrists like that. That's what I look at first whenever I'm not sure. The wrists. But if they're a kid there is almost no way to tell.

actually, he's 27. :D
here's a gallery where you can see lots of pics of him.
http://j-rock.narod.ru/miyavi/photomiyavi.html

and here's a vid of him being his spaztastic self. :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz5N5euM2ic&feature=related[/youtube]

it's not uncommon for j-rockers to be androgynous.
for example: Gackt, Hyde, Mana-sama, bou, etc.

What language is that? Forgive me, but is this guy supposed to be in drag?

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 9:54 am

WurdBendur wrote:

I was once told that most of the male dolls are actually female bodies with a different chest piece and (sometimes) different head.

HOLY CRAP! IT's ME! But in doll form! and kinda ginger!

XD

nicky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2008, 11:44 am

slowmutant wrote:

What language is that? Forgive me, but is this guy supposed to be in drag?

Japanese, and he is wearing a skirt.. but he has shorts under them....i think i would call it semi-drag, since he's not trying to look like a girl. some of his photos he really is in drag, though.. but he usually doesn't dress in drag. it's just fanservice. now, Mana-sama, on the other hand....
is the father of the gothic lolita clothing style.. :D he cross-dresses more often than not.. but no so much as in his Malice Mizer days.

cross-dressing is also not uncommon among visual kei bands.

nicky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2008, 11:52 am

WurdBendur wrote:
Pithlet wrote:

i love ball-jointed dolls!! <3<3<3 i wish i could afford one of my own... but they're so crazy expensive!!

i don't think that the male dolls have female bodies, because most BJDs are anatomically correct, if you know what i mean. :D

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 2:31 am

nicky wrote:
i don't think that the male dolls have female bodies, because most BJDs are anatomically correct, if you know what i mean. :D

Ah, I guess that's true. But I think it was more in the past, before they started adding those features. And maybe with smaller scales or something.

nicky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2008, 10:04 am

WurdBendur wrote:
nicky wrote:

Ah, I guess that's true. But I think it was more in the past, before they started adding those features. And maybe with smaller scales or something.

that's quite possible.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 11:08 am

Tilda Swinton... goodness, don't know how I forgot about her.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 4:45 pm

i'm not particularly sure whether i'm androgynous or just a bit of a fruit XD

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 1:17 am

Pithlet wrote:

google 'Bill Kaulitz'....

Xanderbeanz wrote:
i'm not particularly sure whether i'm androgynous or just a bit of a fruit XD

your avatar suggests you're a fruit....homo.

EDIT: also related pic given this thread

anyone remember THIS :P

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 10:42 am

are you a bit homophobic or something? i mean, i'm not actually gay but i'm picking up that vibe from you.

Unknown_Quantity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2008, 11:04 am

I think Aspies seem a bit androgenous because NT's have the instinct to identify strongly with male and female stereotypes from a very early age and establish their identity through what they think others think of them.

We Aspies, while we do try to conform to social norms and adopt a gender identity, don't have as strong an instinct to do so. So we are left a bit closer to the default, in between, that all kids are born into, but NT's deviate from earlier and more severely.

So we might not see the need to stand like manly men or sit like proper ladies and all that jazz, because, well, it's just not that high on our list of priorities.

As for being more physically androgenous, I'm not sure. I think attitude does inform physicallity to some extent, but I know I was fairly waif like and sylvan as a child. Not now though, although my eyes can seem a little too sensitive and emotional for a guy's face. But chicks dig that, right? :D