What things make/made high school enjoyable?

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FireFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2008, 5:27 am

Yeah, I know many of you have things you dislike about high school. But what are the things the make it enjoyable? What made it enjoyable for me is that you can buy sodas.

Hbomb89
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Sep 2008, 6:11 am

Hmm...where to start...

(from my experience)

Oh yeah! Better teachers compared to Middle school. More HS teachers actually KNEW HOW to teach things compared to my MS teachers.

People are less hostile towards you, if you have differing interests.

People become (or at least most of them) become more realistic about themselves and their ambitions.

Girls in HS are nicer and more pretty and believe it or not, the girls I met in HS typical dressed in a less slu*ty manner than the girls I met in MS.

This one girl, hehe

AP Gov!! !

More chances to work with people and develop better interpersonal communication skills.

Computer animation and the computer animation and modelling software they had.

However, my high school didn't have that good of a library and I hated my keyboarding and typing and my air brushing classses and I had a really bad girl problem my freshman year (and I do not wish to talk about it), but all in all, high school was a good experience for me.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 8:24 am

In high school, you're introduced to a wider variety of human beings. If you attent a Catholic high school, the girls really do wear those knockout uniforms ... :D

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Sep 2008, 11:41 am

The only thing I enjoyed during the two high schools I have been to before I was forced out was the following.

1st high school: The pizzas
2nd high school: Japanese I class with it's anime viewings

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 12:25 pm

I had a good math teacher who thought I had real talent in the subject. She also got my parents off my back about my school problems, when she told them how biased towards certain students they were, while guys like me who aren't from the right families(aka ministers' kids, principal's kids, wealthy people of the school's religion) were pretty much only there to pay tuition. She also got these kids who had been picking on me for 2+ years to leave me alone, when the principal either couldn't or wouldn't.

I wish I could have gone to more than one high school, staying in the same place for 4 years was foreign to me, since between grades 1-8, I'd been to 6 different schools, with the longest I'd stayed in one being a little over 2 years. Change isn't easy, but at least if I had changed high schools, I'd have gotten away from my tormentors when they really started getting to me, and may have had a shot at something better.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 2:35 pm

The only things I can think of that are positive in HS are only positive in comparison to MS... Girls actually talk to me, guys don't try to beat the s**t out of me every chance they get, etc. What made it even better is that the high school I graduated from was part of a 2-school district that served 3 towns. The other HS in the district tended to attract alot of the jocks, and so the nerd population in the the other HS (which is the one I went to) was substantially higher. Sure, our football team wasn't worth anything, but most of us didn't care.

But now I go to college, which is better than HS on almost all counts...

Hbomb89
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Sep 2008, 3:15 pm

I don't know about you, but I usually got along very well with the jocks in high school...maybe with the exception of a few. Some of them wanted me to play football on the school's team, probably because I am a big man, both fat and muscular.

Most of the teasings I got in high school were from "fellow" aspies. They mostly teased me because I wasn't very creative...or I wasn't their kind of creative. While they drew pictures of cat furries, anime characters and being junior Picassos, Van Goghs and Beethovens, I was more of a junior Confucius/Plato/Marx...I was more interested in the idea of state craft than drawing and storyboarding my own manga or creating sculptured masterpieces. I did draw and sketch pictures...but I always sucked at drawing. I prefered to escape into my own imaginations of being a ruler of nation.

Anyways, most people are easy to get along with in high school if you make an attempt to get along with them.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 7:14 pm

There was a lot of structure, and everything was organized.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 7:16 pm

For me it was having a crush on people.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 7:18 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
For me it was having a crush on people.

Yes, me as well. :heart: :nerdy: :colors:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 7:19 pm

Same here.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 7:25 am

Big leafy trees, bright sunny days, the beauty of nature around me.

...oh and the people... sometimes...

yes crushes too, although those were half heartbreaking, and joy filled.

barcncpt44
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2008, 11:12 am

I enjoyed the teachers, and the freedom and variety of classes you had.

I hated kids picking on me and the whole school getting in trouble for fights, loud talking.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 11:14 am

Graduation, and the knowledge that I'd never have to go through that kind of Hell ever again.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 11:44 am

The knowledge that soon I would go away to college and never have to deal with those bastards again.

Fnord wrote:
Graduation, and the knowledge that I'd never have to go through that kind of Hell ever again.

Ah, Fnord beat me to the punch.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 12:13 pm

Orwell wrote:
The knowledge that soon I would go away to college and never have to deal with those bastards again.

Fnord wrote:

Ah, Fnord beat me to the punch.

Fnord AND Orwell beat me to the punch...