What things make/made high school enjoyable?

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 12:13 pm

Orwell wrote:
The knowledge that soon I would go away to college and never have to deal with those bastards again.

Fnord wrote:
Graduation, and the knowledge that I'd never have to go through that kind of Hell ever again.

Ah, Fnord beat me to the punch.

Fnord AND Orwell beat me to the punch...

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 3:44 pm

Uhhh....nothing.

Hbomb89
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2008, 4:56 pm

Am I the only one who didn't have an undesirable time at high school.

I'll admit, my Freshman year sucked quite badly, but my sophomore and junior years were easy sailing and I made a lot of new friends and enjoyed it. There are times when I actually feel nostalgic for my sophomore year.

It's middle school I am glad to be away from...

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 7:19 pm

Hbomb89 wrote:
Am I the only one who didn't have an undesirable time at high school.

Sorry I made you feel bad.

MickeyJones
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2008, 8:06 pm

middle school was inifinitely better than high school, whihc is saying something because it was in middle school that bullying started for me. at least in middle school i had friends to talk to...

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 7:42 am

Definitely Primary school is what I don't miss. Primary school was hell for me. High school not TOO bad, probably grade 8 and grade 12 were the best years...

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 8:59 pm

my friends and women

Flipmode
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2008, 10:25 pm

graduation

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Oct 2008, 3:35 pm

The fact that there is a cafeteria to eat in and I don't have to eat in the classroom, less rules to follow during lunch compared to elementary.

And I have generally been getting higher marks in HS than I have in grade 7 and 8 for an example.

And also, for the most part, better teachers than the ones at elementary.

http://www.myviewonautismessay.webs.com

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2008, 12:46 pm

Me and my mates would hang out in the internet room nearly everyday at dinner.

use_your_words
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Oct 2008, 5:55 pm

The theatre department, and everyone in it. It was a very eclectic group of people, but everyone was very close, practically family. That's really the thing I miss most about high school, although I liked other parts of it too.

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind..."

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 8:09 pm

where to start?

my school has a completly amazing arts(visual and performing) program so I can indulge in my "obsessions" as much as I want(said "obsessions" being photography, production crew and singing).

my teachers in high school are so much better than those from middle school and my guidance counselor cares, unlike so many others. She acctually took the time to talk to me about having Aspergers after my diagnosis this past year.

knowing that after this year(my senior) my time with the same narrow minded people is over for good.

last and most importantly are that people grew up. they don't act like immature little 5-year-olds any more. The ones who used to treat me like I wasn't human now treat me like another living, breathing, feeling being.

That is what has made high school better

DarthMaxeuis
Toucan
Toucan

27 Nov 2008, 1:18 pm

FireFox wrote:
Yeah, I know many of you have things you dislike about high school. But what are the things the make it enjoyable? What made it enjoyable for me is that you can buy sodas.

You must hate high school so much to like being here only because you can buy Soda :(
For my part, the thing that keeps me going to High School is success, if I don't succeed and have good grades, I will leave High School.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 5:39 pm

protest_the_hero wrote:
Of course, I'm tall and ripped LOL so little p*****s don't f**k with me. I'm as high in the food chain as anyone even though I'm not "popular". Just be a f***ing man. What can possibly be so tough?

That doesn't work quite so well if you're small and scrawny though.

AliasPseudonym
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Dec 2008, 12:42 am

Well, I went to a gifted high school. Our valedictorian shouted "I am not a proper penguin!" at the whole school as part of his speech. Nobody there could really be described as 'NT.' So, there were lots of odd people to hang out with and the social hierarchy was, how shall I say, what hierarchy? Smart people are too busy being eccentric to establish proper hierarchy.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 1:25 am

AliasPseudonym wrote:
Well, I went to a gifted high school. Our valedictorian shouted "I am not a proper penguin!" at the whole school as part of his speech. Nobody there could really be described as 'NT.' So, there were lots of odd people to hang out with and the social hierarchy was, how shall I say, what hierarchy? Smart people are too busy being eccentric to establish proper hierarchy.

Lucky bastard. My family didn't have the money to send me to a gifted school, though I was recommended for one.