Page 1 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

FireFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2008, 6:09 am

All that loud crying. I go in a public place and start hearing babies cry and it annoys the heck out of me.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 6:11 am

The babies themselves do not annoy me. Whether the crying does or not depends on the individual cry, some are like fingers on chalkboards, others are quiet and easier to listen to without my spine being grated.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 6:14 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The babies themselves do not annoy me. Whether the crying does or not depends on the individual cry, some are like fingers on chalkboards, others are quiet and easier to listen to without my spine being grated.
I second this. A crying baby may have the same effect on me as any shrill, loud noise when I'm in a public place. Playing children in libraries is more annoying then babies are, I find, because they also run around.

FireFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2008, 6:18 am

I don't like babies all that much. I prefer the terrible twos as you can actually talk to them.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 6:23 am

The terrible twos are not that great:(

Sling
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2008, 6:23 am

Red vs Blue wrote:
My name is Michael J. Caboose, and I Hate Babies!
Sorry, couldn't resist.
For some reason babies and small children seem to love me and I do not mind them unless they are of the screaming brat variety. I do not mind a baby crying but it does distress me sometimes.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 7:04 am

Kids, in general, like me too. I am always smiling and am pleasant to them. I think kids like anyone who smiles and is nice.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 7:23 am

I don't really like babies or kids too much. I can tolerate them a bit, but most of them seem to be.... I dunno, sensory nightmares, to me.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 8:00 am

FireFox wrote:
All that loud crying. I go in a public place and start hearing babies cry and it annoys the heck out of me.

It's not meant to be a soothing sound, the crying baby.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 8:06 am

Crying babies really annoy me, especially if the crying goes on for some time. It makes me want to throttle the parents for not taking better care of their kid.

In general, I'm indifferent to babies.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

Mindovermatter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2008, 8:13 am

omg this reminded me of a horrible video i saw on nothingtoxic.com. This 16 year old puts a baby on this inflateable cushion thing and pounces on one side of it sending the baby flying across the room. Luckily god was protecting the baby from that little s**thead and no serious injuries occured. Oh except the irrrepairable torn as*hole that kid has in jail.

to answer your question I love babies I think they are gods gift to life and the only stage ofa humans life in which they are not :evil:

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 8:52 am

I have to say when I had my kids, I obviously took the best care of them since they were born but I HATED the infant phase and couldn't wait until they had gotten older. I remember when a colic episode started, I was thinking "great how long is this going to last"? Then the teething, "great how long is this going to last", they spit up on my shirt, "great how long is this going to last?" But the worst part of it was the crying!! ! I did NOT enjoy the baby phase and thank goodness its very temporary even though at the time you don't see it that way. They are still young but not babies anymore and I ENJOY them much better. But I had my tubes tied, I have 2 wonderful kids and thats all I want. I am looking forward to their growth and development and the stages they are going to go through in life. I am FINISHED with babies! Now I can freely say, I don't care for babies :)Then again WAY down the road, if I ever become a grandmother I wonder if I will feel the same way.. who is to say?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 8:54 am

CelticRose wrote:
Crying babies really annoy me, especially if the crying goes on for some time. It makes me want to throttle the parents for not taking better care of their kid.

Parents can't stop their babies from crying. Crying is what babies do.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 9:00 am

slowmutant wrote:
CelticRose wrote:

Parents can't stop their babies from crying. Crying is what babies do.

True. A baby can be fed, changed, snuggled, and still be crying. Sometimes babies just need to cry.

Mindovermatter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2008, 9:01 am

Life is pain. I understand what your going through babies, it only gets worse from there. :(

JWRed
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2008, 9:39 am

People with AS will be bothered by babies more than NTs because we are more sensitive to things in our environment.