Things you find strangely relaxing...

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 3:05 pm

I'm suprised that noone's mentioned popping bubble wrap yet! it's said to be the most relaxing thing... I sure love it.

also:
long walks with my iPod, especially around London, preferably at night or very early in the morning,
jogs in the morning,
poking my forehead with the back of a pencil,
spinning my mobile on the table,
listening to loud music

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Sep 2008, 3:10 pm

sartresue wrote:
Watching someone write with chalk on a board (the markers on white boards just do not do it for me)

I like that one, too.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 3:32 pm

No squeaky chalk topic

Hi, Hartz. I never knew anyone else ever noticed that! I like your strange relaxers, too. Not so strange. 8)

As you know I do not comment at the EX-Cafe now. Some posters here have asked about Smelena, her mother and the boys. I hope everyone is fine.

And you and your daughter! :)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Sep 2008, 3:35 pm

sartresue wrote:
No squeaky chalk topic

Hi, Hartz. I never knew anyone else ever noticed that! I like your strange relaxers, too. Not so strange. 8)

As you know I do not comment at the EX-Cafe now. Some posters here have asked about Smelena, her mother and the boys. I hope everyone is fine.

And you and your daughter! :)

I post in the cafe, now and then, but haven't got much to say, I guess. Thank you for asking after myself and my daughter! We are fine. 8)

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2008, 3:36 pm

Sometimes, watching someone write on the whiteboard with marker...if I'm alert enough, I can catch how the words seem to magically appear on the board :oops:

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Sep 2008, 3:40 pm

hmmm. i find many of the things mentioned to be relaxing, but not strangely so.

maybe loud, fast punk music. i think that is a little strange. most people find music relaxing, but sometimes Enya is needed and sometimes something more violent...

so that's the only slighty strange component i can think of for me- violent music, violent thoughts, physical struggles. calmness in anger.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 6:53 pm

Strolling through Home Depot, Target, Walmart, any large store selling a variety of things. The people don't bother me, and I'm not sure if it's the flourescent lights or the fact that I'm pretty much directionless to begin with, but I get pretty "zoned out" in there. Walking long distances does the trick in a different way as well. It's a feeling of seperation from what's going on around, I feel as if I'm in a different country or something.

Not strange, but relaxing:
Hot showers or baths (not TOO hot tho!), tho for different reasons. Showers, the mind is able to work through problems, baths, because they just have that relaxing quality. Both aren't so great if I'm in a self analyzing mood however...

When I was younger and lived in a single room with 3 constantly arguing adults and my brother, headphones with LOUD music did the trick.

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2008, 7:31 pm

Falling asleep listening to old-time radio programs (with my computer timed to sleep, of course)
Breakfast cereal
Going to the top floor of a building and staring out the window
Driving my car, with no destination in mind at all

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 7:44 pm

Steelback:
I have a feeling that last one's gonna be my new "habit" soon, as I just bought a car, and boy do I love "wandering." Just gotta pass that pesky driving test of course!