Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 1:43 am

I really only ever use it on here. I rather like it, but for some reason I would not feel comfortable using it in the real world, or even other parts of the Internet.

If at some point it becomes well-known to the general public I am sure it will become an insult, but few people expect gay people to stop calling themselves "gay" just because some people use it as an insult.

If we replaced this word with something else they would just use that as an insult too.

Johnson68
Raven
Raven

21 Sep 2008, 4:11 am

I've never really said it outside my own head, so hm.

Maybe we could settle with "Awesome" instead of "Aspie"? :D

Meowpurr
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2008, 4:56 am

Fine I'll quit calling myself aspie. Instead I will say

Executive Dysfunction, OCD, Sensory overload, fumbly over words at times, can't always get to the point, overly analytical, creative, blunt, hypersensitive person who would rather interact with cats than overly obnoxious people.

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 8:13 am

Ich bin ein Asperger.

At least that's what I said, speaking from the balcony of Rathaus Schöneberg in Berlin.
In 1963, I think, but honestly I wasn't even born then but that's minor detail.

No seriously, what's wrong with just 'Asperger'. I am an Asperger or I have Aspergers.
Aspergian is okay too, I quess, but Aspie....

I won't use it but I don't mind that much as long as I understand what someone's means.

Daar gaat het toch om. haha.

Seeya,
C.

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 9:42 am

It's pronounced âs'pē, not âs''pī'.

Like a drop of blood in a tank of flesh-eating piranhas, a new idea never fails to arouse the wrath of herd prejudice.

21 Sep 2008, 7:53 pm

MikeH106 wrote:
It's pronounced âs'pē, not âs''pī'.

As-pee or as-pie?

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 9:14 pm

Yeah I dont like Aspie, it sounds too cute and nice for for something that has really f****d up my life. As to using Aspie in place of 'tard' well here in Australia 'gay' is the latest word for something like that, so every minority group will cop it sometimes, maybe ours is next. Anyway if they start using Aspie it will give us a chance to correct them, after all people who talk like that are generally not to smart and are easily put down (just dont go too far cos they will punch you) :wink:

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx