Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

FireFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2008, 8:33 am

They go off in parking lots all the time. Now really, do I just happen to be in the parking lots where a car gets stolen very often? I don't think so. Can't people press that button before they open their car door so that alarm doesn't sound?

PilotPirx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Sep 2008, 8:44 am

lo, they of go off, when somebody touches a car. It's enough, the guy in the car next to it is opening his cars door to move in something big and bangs it at the next door. MEEP! MEEP! MEEP!
Here in Amsterdam we often have strong winds and stormy waether. Then it can happen, that one car alarm after another starts all along the street, activated by small branches, breaking loose from trees and hitting the cars.
So regrettably there is not much that can be done about it. Luckily the stop by themselves after afew minutes at most.

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 9:44 am

You know what I hate? How I have to let myself jump every time someone beeps at me on the sidewalk. What's so scary about a car horn? Why do I have to jump every time I hear it?

And yet I do.

Like a drop of blood in a tank of flesh-eating piranhas, a new idea never fails to arouse the wrath of herd prejudice.

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 10:49 am

I hate them, here in Peru there are dozens that go off every single minute and in the residence I live, no one seems to mind, they must have a different nervous system, or damaged hearing. In front of my flat are so many cars parked in and out of the drive ways and they all go off!!
But the collective taxis and buses use the alarms for honking, I am going nuts and at times I am in a mood to smash the car to pieces. What would happen if I did? There's an alarm going off right now!! !!

Last edited by Loborojo on 21 Sep 2008, 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 10:51 am

I hate it when a neighbor's car alarm goes off while the car is in their drive way. Especially at 2am!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 11:52 am

I think that the person who invented the car alarm should apologize.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 12:40 pm

FireFox wrote:
They go off in parking lots all the time. Now really, do I just happen to be in the parking lots where a car gets stolen very often? I don't think so. Can't people press that button before they open their car door so that alarm doesn't sound?

exactly,it is selfish.

am go into instant meltdown and often tonic clonic seizure from both car alarms and house security alarms which are worse if are stuck outside because there isnt any level of protection from them,staff get the local police to speak to the owners to turn them off and every time the owner has been in-they have heard the alarms [who couldnt hear them apart from the profoundly deaf?] but are too lazy to stand up move their arses and go turn the things off.
am live right near a school and the parents think they have a right to come and park in the private residential homes car park because the rest of the parents who are nearby but to lazy to walk have took up all the space with their cars-they park in the space next to bedroom,they then go and get their kids,come back set the alarm off [and am in the process] and drive off-great for them but not for everyone else/.
am want make them all wear double hearing aids,turn volumes to max and let them experience the noise of their laziness/stupidity-all day.
just because some of them eventually go off on their own doesnt mean should just leave them.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 1:52 pm

Everytime I hear an alarm, I keep thinking it's my car (I'm not sure it has an alarm) last car I bought was on behalf of my dad, and I hadn't a clue how to turn the alarm off, so I had to think quickly and managed to shut the thing up.

Why, oh why is the alarm rigged to the horn? I hate constant horn sounds, makes me wanna rip it out or at the least pull out the earthing wire :twisted: So unnecessary....

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 1:57 pm

There was one night this summer (maybe around midnight or 1 AM) when someone's car alarm kept going off literally about every 5-10 minutes for a couple of hours straight. There would be a break of just a few minutes in between each time. I was having fantasies about getting out of bed, finding my dad's sledgehammer, and tromping off down the street to have a go at their windshield. Then that alarm would *really* have had a reason to go off.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 5:04 am

I hate car and house alarms. They are so pointless. Since when have people jumped out of their houses to check if that wailing car/house is being burgled? In my street no one goes out to look, we all just mutter, 'not that bleeding alarm again!'

I too have seizures when I hear certain noises... Mum said that wasn't possible but I think it is!

drybones
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2008, 8:42 am

noisy + pointless security blankets IMO