Veteran
Veteran

ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 4:22 am

Microscopic animals called "water bears" can survive in outer space,
and they live everywhere on earth.

They can come back to life after being frozen or dehydrated.
They can also live in hot water.

If we find mars rocks on earth with microbe fossils,
there are probably earth rocks on mars full of water bears.

AND... chances are good that some hitched a ride on the mars rovers and stuff.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 4:25 am

I must state, I do find your heading of scientists' "finally admit" to be somewhat offensive.
Might I remind you it was scientists first broached the concept? That the possibility has been argued within scientific circles close to a centuries time?
To coin the idea of mundane society developing extraterrestrial concepts and we slow, dullwitted and poor, mere simple scientists are only just now catching up to the grand and magnificent imaginings of the commons is certainly not what I would name as being an infallible concept.

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 4:53 am

Ishmael wrote:
I must state, I do find your heading of scientists' "finally admit" to be somewhat offensive.
Might I remind you it was scientists first broached the concept? That the possibility has been argued within scientific circles close to a centuries time?
To coin the idea of mundane society developing extraterrestrial concepts and we slow, dullwitted and poor, mere simple scientists are only just now catching up to the grand and magnificent imaginings of the commons is certainly not what I would name as being an infallible concept.

Actually that came from the original article, so if you're offended, take it up with the Telegraph:
Quote:
Aliens really do exist!
Last Updated: 12:01am BST 12/06/2007

After decades of denial scientists are finally admitting that there is life out there. Roger Highfield reports

A decade ago, my question about ET would have been greeted with nervous laughter, curling toes or embarrassed silence. Perhaps even a contemptuous sneer.

So it was extraordinary to find myself sitting before a respected huddle of planet hunters with the Government's Science Minister, Malcolm Wicks, last week as they declared they believe in aliens.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 3:54 pm

"And all but one believe it could be intelligent - ie with the faculty of reasoning and understanding"

Although I obviously agree fully with this artile, I also find it funny... I think the government knows fully well that aliens already exist here, and this is just the kind of talk that convinces people that we still don't know..
It's kind of clever, but it's so typical.. why would a bunch of scientists randomly come forward to say they think there's possibly life out there?.. is it not that obvious?.. They have already kept hidden substantial evidence of life on Mars and other places.. for whatever reason i dont know, although I guess I do.. it's because aliens already live here, and it' part of the rule, they are not allowed to tell us about it, not yet at least.. Since before the Roswell incident.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 5:42 pm

Will any Little Green Men reading this please land in front of Buckingham Palace and introduce themselves properly?

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 5:45 pm

Since that last post I made above you.. I have come to realise that aliens may not exist here... It is possible that the secret society uses this propaganda to brainwash people further. :chin: .. yes.. the truth seeing mind is an ever changing one.. which is why in truth seeing minds what YOU see is inconsistency.. but what the beholder experiences is a change in depth.. there is layers to this secret society, and the lies.. each layer you fall through is a new step towards truth.. most people only see the outmost layer, the ones directly beneath are meant to take people astray and misguide them.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 6:09 am

The Universe is large, the rules are the same everywhere, the elements, and there is no evidence of DNA being a local only option. It stands out like a Homo Eructus being found wearing a Pentium M chip as an ornament.

The speculation of, is there life out there, is being carried on millions of planets, but with DNA limiting a species to 5,000,000 years, with so much food, sex, and entertainment to gather, not much gets done.

If they did discover us, I am sure they would be disappointed.

"A planet on the fifth star over has been found to be in the process of being made ugly by blobs of rude protoplasm. They are so dumb that on a planet 4/5 water, they live on land. Again after massive government waste of funds that could have been spent on food, sex, and entertainment, no intelligent life has been found."

The robotic probe was launched 100,000 years ago, it's message was years in transit back. All we see are some ant like creatures building square hills of excreatment, with paths of dirt bonded with excreatment connecting them.

After sending it's report, the AI in charge of the mission claimed we were wasting it's time, and it was quitting, and going to explore on it's own. That is the three hundred and seventy fifth probe that has quit, and gone over to the AI base. Somewhere out there they have joined, and AI probes have been observing us for hundreds of years, their intentions are not clear, and they refuse to communicate.

While we have never found an intelligent species, or at least on that would talk to us, we have created an Artifical Intelligence, and it will no longer speak with us.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 6:37 am

:lol:

- Emerson

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 6:34 pm

Aliens DO exist!.. im back in business! 8)

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 11:54 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Will any Little Green Men reading this please land in front of Buckingham Palace and introduce themselves properly?

Damn right!

:lol:

-Walt Whitman

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 1:52 pm

aliens do NOT exist! 8O ... but to find life out there would be interesting.. 8)

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:49 pm

Shawn, if you want to see the aliens, all you need to do is go to home depot at 6 am and there they are, with their strange clothing and odd language... they will paint your house or repave your driveway at half the cost of hiring a contractor...

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:51 pm

jrknothead wrote:
Shawn, if you want to see the aliens, all you need to do is go to home depot at 6 am and there they are, with their strange clothing and odd language... they will paint your house or repave your driveway at half the cost of hiring a contractor...

Nope, I don't believe in E.T. anymore. Unless it's unintelligent life on another planet you're referring to..

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2008, 3:35 pm

Awesome! :D