Page 7 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 3:22 pm

donkey wrote:
Quote:
1% according to Tantam (the dude whose criteria is in the DSM-IV-TR)
some sources say 30%

the divorce rate is over 90% in many places.

(It's well under 0% for Autism.)

i cant believe you missed this one.
this is my favourite quote of the day.

a negative divorce rate in Autism?

not just negative, but well under......
i had a good chuckle.

at this one.

what does it mean?
who do itell?

it was quoted from a reply to another thread , the 0% represents the marriage rate and so the 1% and 30% .

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 3:58 pm

anna-banana wrote:
...there's always a lot in between and extremists will always be a minority. even if you happen to live in US.
Sorry to go off-topic, but define "extremists."
I would say that murdering 3,000 of your own people in broad daylight is extreme, yet the majority supports it.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 4:09 pm

Tahitiii wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
...there's always a lot in between and extremists will always be a minority. even if you happen to live in US.
Sorry to go off-topic, but define "extremists."
I would say that murdering 3,000 of your own people in broad daylight is extreme, yet the majority supports it.

I would define extremist as a believer in some concept/theory/ideology who denies all kind of reasoning that doesn't support his concept/theory/ideology

what are you getting at exactly with the example you quoted?

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 4:17 pm

my favourite piece of graffitti:

HANG EXTREMISTS

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 4:18 pm

donkey wrote:

HANG EXTREMISTS

you do realise that the above statement makes YOU a tad extremist...? lol

I hope you were ironising ;p

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 4:25 pm

anna-banana wrote:
What are you getting at exactly with the example you quoted?
Most of the world, outside the US, believes that our own government bombed the world trade center. Most of the families of the victims believe it. 70% of the military believes it. But the major networks and newspapers are not allowed to talk about it. The constitution has been abandoned and we are living under marshal law. Today.

http://www.911blogger.com/node/17338

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 4:35 pm

Tahitiii wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
Most of the world, outside the US, believes that our own government bombed the world trade center. Most of the families of the victims believe it. 70% of the military believes it. But the major networks and newspapers are not allowed to talk about it. The constitution has been abandoned and we are living under marshal law. Today.

this sounds very new to me. I see you're a believer but please don't project your beliefs on the world's population. I've never met a single person who would support this view seriously and believe me I heard a lot of views from all kinds of people around here (= EU)

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 5:38 pm

anna-banana wrote:
Tahitiii wrote:
anna-banana wrote:

this sounds very new to me. I see you're a believer but please don't project your beliefs on the world's population. I've never met a single person who would support this view seriously and believe me I heard a lot of views from all kinds of people around here (= EU)

go to my thread "The fourth Reich is coming"

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 5:48 pm

Loborojo wrote:

go to my thread "The fourth Reich is coming"

another conspiracy theory thread, thanks but I think I'll pass...

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 5:51 pm

anna-banana wrote:
donkey wrote:

HANG EXTREMISTS

you do realise that the above statement makes YOU a tad extremist...? lol

I hope you were ironising ;p

I think the graffiti itself was meant to be a joke. Like someone who says, "I f-ing hate people who f-ing curse all the f-ing time."

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 7:39 pm

anna-banana wrote:
this sounds very new to me. I see you're a believer but please don't project your beliefs on the world's population. I've never met a single person who would support this view seriously and believe me I heard a lot of views from all kinds of people around here.
The world projected it onto me. I didn't make it up.
If you want to see a really twisted, convoluted, self-contradictory, stark-raving mad conspiracy theory that denies all the laws of physics and invents a few new ones, check out the final report from the 9-11 commission.

I don't understand why people won't look for themselves. It's all there, anytime anyone wants to look. Tons of information, all over the place. It's not difficult. I wouldn't expect anyone to believe me. But why would people trust someone who is known to be a liar and a criminal, and not look for themselves? Who is more trustworthy than yourself?

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 12:44 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
'the table below shows the social adjustment of 46 more able adults

46 individuals? You must be kidding? Is this the study we are supposed admire and believe in? If I did this kind of study
with a group of 46 subjects I'd die of embarassment. The study I talked about currently has 12,386 subjects.

With 46 subjects you cannot even control for the most basal factors like age, which naturally plays a big role in marriage and divorce rates. Nor did they have an age-matched NT control gruop. One word would be sufficient to describe this study: Garbage.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 1:02 am

LePetitePrince wrote:

Quote:
Disapproving these theories aren't hard due to the fact that Aspiness is not an advantageous evolutionary trait ...communication skills is the one the most important human skills nowadays and obsession and dedication don't compensate the lack of it since many people have obsessive traits anyways, according to some surveys most aspies die single. As for the other theory saying that Aspies are already new subspecies that's total scientific error, Aspies have the same chromosome and DNA structure of the homo sapien , people with Down Syndrome or Williams Syndrome can be scientifically seen as another human subspecies because they have a slightly modified set of chromosomes than other HomoSapiens(but that's not politically correct to say so) but aspies are 100% homosapiens and can procreate with any other HomoSapien.

Take a look around. How many aspie guys are unable or unwilling to have loving sex with a female that will potentially produce offspring?
Maybe only the alpha male aspies are able to perform this task and that is evolutions way of sorting through this.

Seriously though. what's up with that?

Maybe that is why so many aspies have extraordinary computer skills. It makes up for personal skills.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

-Pythagoras

Last edited by Magnus on 24 Sep 2008, 2:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 1:52 am

rdos wrote:
Your statistics are very probably totally false. :wink:

The truth is, people doing Aspie-quiz reproduce at about the same rate as NTs. They do have higher divorce statistics, but it is far from 90%.

I know for a fact that the stats for the rate of marriage are accurate for Asperger's (2 to 30%), and HFA (effectively none at all, barring statistical outliers); I read the papers, and they're accurate so far as the diagnosed population goes (rather than people who think they have AS/HFA by taking a test online).

I'll have a look for any papers involving divorce rates later on (it'll be with diagnosed people, which is how it should be).

O, and what's the rate of diagnosis of those who've taken the "aspie quiz" that you use in your "studies" (I'm assume that it is 100% in relation to your "NT" control group)?

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:01 am

Danielismyname wrote:
I know for a fact that the stats for the rate of marriage are accurate for Asperger's (2 to 30%), and HFA (effectively none at all, barring statistical outliers); I read the papers, and they're accurate so far as the diagnosed population goes (rather than people who think they have AS/HFA by taking a test online).

I'd agree that the stigma of receiving an ASD-diagnosis will reduce one's chances of getting married, but my interest is not in the diagnosed population, but in the population with ASD-traits. In the population with ASD-traits there is no difference in number of children (when controlling for age), but fewer are married and more are divorced. Females have much better statistics than males, which probably is expected. I did this analysis with about 4,000 answers and will redo it when I change experimental questions.

And in the context brought up here it is the population with ASD-traits that is interesting, and not the much smaller population that have received autism diagnosis.

I could also do the analysis based on professional diagnosis, since I also have this information. I can do this much better than the 46-subject-study as well, since I will have at least 600 subjects with diagnosed AS/HFA/PDD,

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:12 am

Danielismyname wrote:
O, and what's the rate of diagnosis of those who've taken the "aspie quiz" that you use in your "studies" (I'm assume that it is 100% in relation to your "NT" control group)?

I've skipped the NT-control group and currently I'm scoring on intrinsic properties of past data set (factor analysis). The Aspie group is those who score "very likely Aspie" (70% of diagnosed AS do), while the NT group is those who score "very likely neurotypical" (11% of diagnosed AS do).