Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 7:39 pm

What is your opinion of Resident Evil 5???

Personally I am not expecting this game to be a let down, it looks to much like Resident Evil 4 which in my opinion was not scary at all compared to resident evil 0-3. I am hoping for the best but Capcom has a tendency of making excellent games then making huge mistakes with the sequels.

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 8:27 pm

Resident Evil 4 wasn't scary per se, but it was exciting as hell. I was on the edge of my seat half the time wondering what would happen next. RE5 seems to be going in the same direction so it should at least be fun.

Everyone talks about how scary Resident Evil's 1 through 3 were so scary, but for me they were tedious. Strolling up and down hallways and streets swaping in and out various crests and keys is not my idea of exciting gameplay.

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 9:05 pm

jamesohgoodie wrote:
Resident Evil 4 wasn't scary per se, but it was exciting as hell. I was on the edge of my seat half the time wondering what would happen next. RE5 seems to be going in the same direction so it should at least be fun.

Everyone talks about how scary Resident Evil's 1 through 3 were so scary, but for me they were tedious. Strolling up and down hallways and streets swaping in and out various crests and keys is not my idea of exciting gameplay.

Yeah the crests and keys were a pain and with limited space it really killed the gameplay, but 0-3 were scary. Why make a horror game if its not scary???

Le_Samourai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2008, 9:15 pm

jamesohgoodie wrote:

I never really found any of the RE games to be scary myself, with the exception of those big tarantulas you fought, but then again you're talking to a arachnophobe here so I speak for myself in this case. But anywho, the RE games never really scared me since it focus its scares primarily on jump scares, so I didn't really mind RE4's turn to action. Besides, a lot of the games starting with RE2 had a lot of gunplay and action anyway.

As for RE5, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully the co-op is much better than Army of Two.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Sep 2008, 9:59 pm

The only opinion I have of Resident Evil 4 is that it's long overdue to have a black character in the series.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 10:38 pm

I have never actualy played any Resident Evil games, but I have seen some trailers of RE5 and have thought about getting it, looks like it could be fun to get into the franchise.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:29 pm

I don't know too much about it, only seen a few videos...one thing I will say, the lighting in that game is gorgeous. Finally a game that doesn't fill the screen with bloom and say "See? You're outside."

I guess STALKER had some really nice lighting too, but Idunno, this just seems better...maybe because you hardly ever see sunny skies in STALKER, it's always overcast.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:32 pm

Jkid wrote:
The only opinion I have of Resident Evil 4 is that it's long overdue to have a black character in the series.

There was a black cop in the second game. And...uh...no, that's probably it.