Are you more aware or less aware of your body?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ChristinaCSB
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2008, 11:32 pm

I notice that sometimes I don't always notice my bodily sensations, like hunger, having to pee, being cold or hot, until it's really intense. But sometimes I am the opposite! Anyone else like this?

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 11:35 pm

ChristinaCSB wrote:
I notice that sometimes I don't always notice my bodily sensations, like hunger, having to pee, being cold or hot, until it's really intense. But sometimes I am the opposite! Anyone else like this?

yep, use to just pee myself a lot when i was younger didnt even realize it until it was coming down my leg, then i was so confused like wtf is going on lol, they didnt have big kid pull ups back then but im sure ill prob be wearing them if they did until the age of like 12. Also hunger i dont notice either if the food is not prepared and put in front of me i wont eat, and a lot of the time i dont always notice that my body is hungry, so ill literally starve to death, scary stuff.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 1:46 am

Yes. My mommy worries about me because temperatures don't bother me. For example, I'm perfectly fine going outside in the snow wearing shorts, or going out for a run in 90 degree weather (I think I almost got heatstroke once...) Also, I don't notice hunger until it's very intense, or sometimes I'll just mistake it for stomach cramps. I won't notice that I have to pee until I feel like I'm on the verge of wetting myself. I don't really notice when my body is becoming ill (though part of it is denial since I absolutely loathe being sick).

HD3H
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 3:05 am

I usally have the feelings when they start but can sometimes ignore them for several hours.
And then just remember that i was hungry.

Igor
Raven
Raven

24 Sep 2008, 4:18 am

I never used to eat that much when I was living on my own, beyond enough to survive. I just couldn't be bothered sorting food out and getting it ready. Still happens sometimes, but not so much now; though if I'm looking after my kids they tend to have to have their meals about an hour or so later than they usually would, because I'll forget the time and then suddenly realise :oops: :roll: Guess it makes me look after myself better as well.