PETA wants Ben and Jerry's to use breast milk

Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 12:57 pm

I care about animals and thats why I don't support PETA. They claim they want to help, then do things like releaze hundreds of tame minks into the wild where they have no chance of survival and no chance of not meeting a cruel ending.

At least they'd have a good life up until the point where they were humanely killed if they were left where they were.

If you want to free those animals you should do so with their wellbeing in mind, not with the intention of making them suffer miserably in ways far worse than what they could have ever been expected to endure in captivity raised for merchandise

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74894.html

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 12:57 pm

Ishmael wrote:
Ha, I wonder if these freaks consider "animal rights" when they are humping the animals back in their communes. Y'know, the right of every living thing to not be molested by self-hating sycophantic weirdos? Just a thought.

I am just waiting for PETA to ask zoos to feed their lions vegan food.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 1:04 pm

As for cows, a female cow has to be milked twice every day even if she gets to keep her calf with her. A cow produces about
7,700 litres of milk a year. A calf consumes less than 2 liters a day when first born, and rarely consumes more than 6 litres/day when older.

Since you have to milk the cow for the cows own safety and comfort, why not drink the milk, rather than dumping it on the ground?

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74894.html

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 1:08 pm

Triangular_Trees wrote:
I care about animals and thats why I don't support PETA. They claim they want to help, then do things like releaze hundreds of tame minks into the wild where they have no chance of survival and no chance of not meeting a cruel ending.

At least they'd have a good life up until the point where they were humanely killed if they were left where they were.

If you want to free those animals you should do so with their wellbeing in mind, not with the intention of making them suffer miserably in ways far worse than what they could have ever been expected to endure in captivity raised for merchandise

Yah know... That's the thing with them.

When you point out that what they are doing is far more cruel than what they are trying to stop,most of them become irate. I mean absolutely irrational.

Most of them will accuse everyone else of "lazy ethics"; while they themselves lack the introspective capacity of a garden snail. They are too invested in their holier-than-thou-warm-fuzzy-I'm-saving-a-kitten-no-matter-who-I-hurt psychosis to get their head outta their (bleeeeeeeeep), long enough to see the damage they are doing, let alone the inherent hypocrisies.

Frankly, if you push alot of these psychos, they hate the human race. Period. That's enough justification for them. That perspective just doesn't sell very well to the mass media. Even the brain-numb public palate would choke on that.

-Walt Whitman

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 1:15 pm

Chibi_Neko wrote:
Ishmael wrote:
Ha, I wonder if these freaks consider "animal rights" when they are humping the animals back in their communes. Y'know, the right of every living thing to not be molested by self-hating sycophantic weirdos? Just a thought.

I am just waiting for PETA to ask zoos to feed their lions vegan food.

Ever ask a vegan why? They say because they don't want to hurt the cute animals! Ha!
First off; the animals are killed humanely, and the vegans have nothing to do with it. Cute? I wonder how many of them have seen animals up close...?
PETA probably wouldn't even bother with the zoos. They might just decide to picket the lion instead. Hope it's hungry...

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 1:45 pm

I'm against PETA, but for ethical treatment of animals.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:20 pm

LeKiwi wrote:
Well, to be fair, cow's milk is not good for you at all (that stuff is designed to get a calf from tiny to enormous in a very short space of time... think about it), but most human milk is full of crap these days too. You can raise cows organically and ethically and happily on grassy pastures, but can you imagine the protests that'd come from growing organic, free-range humans, free from pesticides and toxins and antibiotics and everything else?

And they can't smoke, either or else the milk will taste funny! This is one of the reasons why we don't eat people or drink their milk, because they're loaded with all kinds of diseases and pollutants.

That's also why it's not healthy for a tiger to eat too many people, especially the old and chewy ones. That and they're high in saturated fat and trans fat too, though this varies from person to person depending on what they've been eating.

Reodor_Felgen wrote:

So your problem is with the "P"? I agree, it's the people that are problematic.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Last edited by sgrannel on 25 Sep 2008, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oggleleus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2008, 2:27 pm

To ease the suffering of cows PETA wants to increase the suffering of women? Sounds like the VP of PETA majored in stupidity and minored in ignorance.

Joking here, but the name of the restaurant in Sweden that uses breast milk is called "SEKA".

DevonB
Toucan
Toucan

24 Sep 2008, 2:31 pm

This thread has just SLAYED me!! ! I needed the laugh, thanks guys!! !!

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

24 Sep 2008, 2:42 pm

PETA is such a laughing stock. Does anyone really take them seriously anymore? I remember a few years ago some group near here tried to get a Town to change its name to Veggieburg from Hamburg because it was offensive to animals and vegetarians. The town quickly pass measures to ignore the request and got on to more pressing business, like road construction i think.

That being said it would be interesting if B&J had it as a choice for those who choose to utilize it. Doubt there would be enough demand though.

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:54 pm

Fayed wrote:
PETA is such a laughing stock. Does anyone really take them seriously anymore? I remember a few years ago some group near here tried to get a Town to change its name to Veggieburg from Hamburg because it was offensive to animals and vegetarians. The town quickly pass measures to ignore the request and got on to more pressing business, like road construction i think.

That being said it would be interesting if B&J had it as a choice for those who choose to utilize it. Doubt there would be enough demand though.

Unfortunately people do take them seriously. It has become a pervasive enough attitude publicly to create special interest groups that are very powerful politically. There is legislation going through that is absolutely ridiculous, and is harming a lot more animals than it helps. Not to mention, negatively affecting the livelihoods of the people who rely on those animals. This is real.

I hate these people. Absolutely despise them. I do not have the sufficient vocabulary to reveal the depth of my contempt. I would like to drop kick them into a very special hell full of hungry kittens with nothing to eat but their self-righteous-red-paint-spattered toes. :evil:

There comes a point when your compassion becomes cruelty. They have left that particular point behind miles ago.

-Walt Whitman

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 3:07 pm

Reodor_Felgen wrote:

I think most people would agree with that sentiment.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 3:21 pm

I think that PETA had a good idea, but I bet Ben and Jerry won't pick it up ... Maybe Bob and Hugh will. :wink:

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 3:39 pm

Triangular_Trees wrote:

Yes, and they kill msot of the pets that come into them. They are hypocrites, and they suck.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 3:42 pm

:roll: Yeah whatever PETA.... Let's the american juggies to work, pump them full of breast filling chemicals and put the cows out of work. Unemployed cows have nowhere to go but into hamburger. Another excellent plan from PETA.

Why is this organization still around? It's full of idiots. They keep doing these stupid things so who keeps giving them money? I've never met anyone who actively supported the group so hell are their members?

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 3:59 pm

I heard this on the radio this morning, and my reaction was, "what the f**k"?

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.