PETA wants Ben and Jerry's to use breast milk

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 10:04 am

Source

Quote:
WATERBURY, Vt. -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."

"We applaud PETA's novel approach to bringing attention to an issue, but we believe a mother's milk is best used for her child," said a spokesperson for Ben and Jerry's

All I can say is... ewwww.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 11:13 am

That is absolutely disgusting. :eew: :eew: :eew: :eew: :eew:

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 11:15 am

*sigh*... looks like I have to go on yet another PETA killing spree...
Just let me call my SAS mates... *loads up night vision, body armour and M1A5*

SPCDavid
Raven
Raven

24 Sep 2008, 11:29 am

Ishmael wrote:
*sigh*... looks like I have to go on yet another PETA killing spree...
Just let me call my SAS mates... *loads up night vision, body armour and M1A5*

You have friends in SAS?

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 11:30 am

Please don't get offended but Peta and the people who support them are F@%#ing ret*d.
Maybe they'll want us to use Dogs milk next.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhjGXCk-RVU[/youtube]

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 11:36 am

I coulda sworn a week or two back in NY Post's "Weird but True" section there was something about a restaurant in Europe that used human milk for all manner of stuff. 8O

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 11:45 am

Chibi_Neko wrote:
Source

Quote:
WATERBURY, Vt. -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."

"We applaud PETA's novel approach to bringing attention to an issue, but we believe a mother's milk is best used for her child," said a spokesperson for Ben and Jerry's

Good grief. :roll:

I had to use formula for my daughter. She wouldn't breast feed. The soy formula was half-again as expensive as the cow-milk based one. So, what was I supposed to do?

Too many of the people involved with these organizations are self-indulgent-self-righteous-sociopaths, bent on the extinction of the human race. Short-sighted-idiots who perpetuate more cruelty than they stop.

I despise PETA and the ASPCA.

Sign me up for my night-vision-goggle issued equipment. I'm there. :twisted:

-Walt Whitman

Last edited by pheonixiis on 24 Sep 2008, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 11:47 am

silentbob15 wrote:
Please don't get offended but Peta and the people who support them are F@%#ing ret*d.
Maybe they'll want us to use Dogs milk next.

Nothing wrong with milk from dogs, mares, sheep, or goats. Getting the milk from dogs can be a b***h, though.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 12:11 pm

twoshots wrote:
I coulda sworn a week or two back in NY Post's "Weird but True" section there was something about a restaurant in Europe that used human milk for all manner of stuff. 8O

Yeah, The article mentions a restaurant in Sweden where they use breast Milk for everything.

SPCDavid
Raven
Raven

24 Sep 2008, 12:26 pm

monty wrote:

Nothing wrong with milk from dogs, mares, sheep, or goats. Getting the milk from dogs can be a b***h, though.

:lmao:

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 12:39 pm

Well, to be fair, cow's milk is not good for you at all (that stuff is designed to get a calf from tiny to enormous in a very short space of time... think about it), but most human milk is full of crap these days too. You can raise cows organically and ethically and happily on grassy pastures, but can you imagine the protests that'd come from growing organic, free-range humans, free from pesticides and toxins and antibiotics and everything else?

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 12:39 pm

PS PETA are idiots.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 12:49 pm

Ha, I wonder if these freaks consider "animal rights" when they are humping the animals back in their communes. Y'know, the right of every living thing to not be molested by self-hating sycophantic weirdos? Just a thought.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 12:51 pm

I guess Peta want's to make a deal with Ben & Jerry, most of their membership are free range rude vegan cows, ready to be milked.

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 12:56 pm

LeKiwi wrote:
You can raise cows organically and ethically and happily on grassy pastures, but can you imagine the protests that'd come from growing organic, free-range humans, free from pesticides and toxins and antibiotics and everything else?

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 12:56 pm

pheonixiis wrote:
LeKiwi wrote:
You can raise cows organically and ethically and happily on grassy pastures, but can you imagine the protests that'd come from growing organic, free-range humans, free from pesticides and toxins and antibiotics and everything else?

Ugh. Just the idea *shudder*