PETA wants Ben and Jerry's to use breast milk

Page 4 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 9:11 am

slowmutant wrote:
Why would anyone do this? Human breast milk is suitable only for human infants.

Exactly. Anyone with a developed palate will hurl if you feed them breast milk. It tastes freaking awful, and certainly would not work in an ice-cream. To re-iterate.. it tastes f*****g disgusting. I cannot stress this enough.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 9:21 am

Macbeth wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Exactly. Anyone with a developed palate will hurl if you feed them breast milk. It tastes freaking awful, and certainly would not work in an ice-cream. To re-iterate.. it tastes f***ing disgusting. I cannot stress this enough.

Have you tasted human breast milk recently? 8O

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 9:35 am

Chocobo wrote:
pheonixiis wrote:

I despise PETA and the ASPCA.

What's wrong with the ASPCA?

Both organizations manifest a zealot-I'm-better-than-you mentality. That mentality also leads to a sense of superiority that they use as a justification for not only cramming their views down the public throat but taking whatever measures are necessary to achieve their agenda.

In truth, I hate the ASPCA far more than PETA.

-I hate them because it is a business first; Ed Sayres, ASPCA CEO/One Slick SOB pulls down on average nearly $400,000 a year. Which is pretty darn good for a 'charity organization'. They have no qualms about manipulating the public into forking over cash by highlighting the most appealing animals they can and only telling part of the story.

-I hate them because they lie.

-I hate them because they appeal to an elitist mentality.

-I hate them for their lack (yes lack) of compassion.

-But mostly right now I hate them for suddenly shutting down the horse slaughter houses, instead of trying to regulate them, or phase them out slowly.

- I hate them for H.R. 6598. Their current little bit of sappy public appeal that will hurt more horses than it helps. And is also insult to injury to most of the farmers and ranchers out here.

-I hate that they ignore the horses that are starving to death out here as a direct result of the legislation that they pushed through, because it isn't a high profile area. There aren't enough people with enough money here for us to matter to them.

My views on this would officially qualify as a rant. It is long, and the set of circumstances this legislation has set off is complicated.

I am absolutely furious.

I am watching animals die horribly out here as a direct result of this legislation. I am watching my friends and neighbors resigned and horrified because there is little they can do, while they have to choose between feeding their stock or their children. I have had phone calls from people asking me to take a horse just so it will be fed and I couldn't. I am watching people on their knees economically be told by this organization that they and their horses don't matter.

We are called liar. Abuser. We are told by members of the ASPCA to "shoot them in the head," with no apologies, thought of accountability, or real-world idea of what it will take to dispose of 1,000 lbs of now dead meat. Dead meat, that was your friend, but you had to shoot him because you couldn't feed him.

I haven't been forced into those kind of dire straights (yet), but I know people who have. I think most of the (at best) self righteous, or (at worst) opportunistic scum, leaders of this organization should be put in prison.

-Walt Whitman

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 2:26 pm

Chocobo wrote:
pheonixiis wrote:

Yes, whats wrong with The ASPCA? They help out animals, unlike PETA with their hypocrisy.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 2:37 pm

PETA has got to be the worst organization of whacked-out attention whores in existence. I am so sick of these morons. :roll:

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 2:37 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
Chocobo wrote:
pheonixiis wrote:

Yes, whats wrong with The ASPCA? They help out animals, unlike PETA with their hypocrisy.

Err...

See above.

-Walt Whitman

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 7:37 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Exactly. Anyone with a developed palate will hurl if you feed them breast milk. It tastes freaking awful, and certainly would not work in an ice-cream. To re-iterate.. it tastes f***ing disgusting. I cannot stress this enough.

My ex wife thought it amusing to replace cow milk with her milk. So I know from grim experience that it is foul.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 7:41 pm

Macbeth wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

My ex wife thought it amusing to replace cow milk with her milk. So I know from grim experience that it is foul.

Ewww. Thats really gross.

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 7:48 pm

Macbeth wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

That was mean. :lol:

(Still laughin' though, sorry.)

So, what does it taste like?

-Walt Whitman

Justthatgirl11
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2008, 10:47 am

pheonixiis wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

That was mean. :lol:

(Still laughin' though, sorry.)

So, what does it taste like?

I am also laughing. :lol:

It tastes weird. It's unique, for sure. If I absolutely had to drink breast milk or formula, though, I'd pick breast milk.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

26 Sep 2008, 12:22 pm

Wouldn't it be like, REALLY high in fat?

Justthatgirl11
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2008, 12:42 pm

LadyMacbeth wrote:
Wouldn't it be like, REALLY high in fat?

Well, it would be healthier....

I won't eat it, but hey, whatever! LOL

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 1:45 pm

That's nasty. Why not just buy milk from privately owned cows and goats and support local farmers? Or just use a milk alternative like rice?

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 1:54 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
That's nasty. Why not just buy milk from privately owned cows and goats and support local farmers? Or just use a milk alternative like rice?

PETA would never support using cows at all, they don't want animals to be "subjugated" and "enslaved". They also wouldn't support rice milk; narcassistic sociopaths want everybody to hump animals just like they do. They'd only do that if everybody in the world drank rice milk, too. Then they'd start complaining it's cruel to rice, and threaten anybody who doesn't start drinking soy.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 2:37 pm

Ishmael wrote:
PunkyKat wrote:

PETA would never support using cows at all, they don't want animals to be "subjugated" and "enslaved". They also wouldn't support rice milk; narcassistic sociopaths want everybody to hump animals just like they do. They'd only do that if everybody in the world drank rice milk, too. Then they'd start complaining it's cruel to rice, and threaten anybody who doesn't start drinking soy.

Peta is sometimes a group of nuts. My neighbors have always had dairy cows and aside from her lack of knowledge about animals, the cows were never harmed. They were never harmed purposly. My parents had dairy goats before I was born and they wever never harmed. My mom is taking about getting dairy goats again and those won't be harmed either. I've heard bad things about soy. It's really not as good for you as they make it out to be if eaten (or drunk) in excess. How can you be cruel to a plant? The real reason for all of this is greed.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 10:47 am

From what I understand, Ben and Jerry's actually complemented on PETA's idea, but refused them.

If PETA is so worried about cows, maybe they should start their own ice cream brand, with all the money they have they could do it, but I don't think anyone is going to buy it (I sure wouldn't)