Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

JML101582
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 5:23 pm

Here is my cover letter I have with my right now. I am still working at Safeway as a courtesy clerk plus meat clean-up and produce clean-up. I am appling for three jobs: produce clerk, helper clerk, and night stocker. I have school on Mondays and Wednesdays in person (Poltical Science) with two on-line classes (Music for the listener and Computer Informational Systems).

Check it out:

September 23, 2008

Brett Hintz
Store Manager
Safeway Lake Serene #3523
14826 Highway 99
Lynnwood, WA 98087

Mr. Hintz,

Re: Advancement within Safeway

I am very much interested in having a more substantial career with Safeway Inc. where I can utilize my transferable skills to become a more valued employee.

My transferable skills will enable to confidently carry out the following produce clerk duties:

• Provide friendly customer services
• Rotate and replace produce items
• Clean produce area consistently
• Experience with company for over five years
• Provide excellent customer service

I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to better myself as an employee working at Safeway. I will provide you the best work and the extra integrity that you want in a employee.

Respectfully yours,
Jason Lundgren

P.S. That is my real name above so reply if I need to make any changes.

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 5:25 pm

My transferable skills will enable to confidently carry out the following produce clerk duties:

you for got me in here otherwise, the structure is good enough.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 5:59 pm

is there a job posting board (physical or online) for your company? Don't overlook all avenues to advancement. Looks like a pretty good cover letter (though I haven't written one in almost 22 years...;)

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 7:35 pm

it's good

I'd add something like improvements that you have done in your area, that is, more "meat" to your letter :P

good luck man :)

Amicitia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2008, 12:33 pm

Your fourth bullet point is not a duty - there's a parallel structure problem and it throws off the reading rhythm. You might want to move it up:

"I have five years of experience with Safeway Inc. and am very much interested in continuing my career by moving to a position of greater responsibility. Safeway Inc. would benefit from my transferable skills, which enable me to confidently carry out the following produce clerk duties."

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2011, 8:56 pm

This looks great. Transferable skills? Where did you learn this term? It looks alot like what I learned at Goodwill's Customer Service and Job Training program.