Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 7:28 pm

Has anyone ever had a sinus infection?
I got a really bad cold the Saturday before last. I keep thinking Im getting better and then I feel like crud again. My face hurts and Im still quite stuffy. I run low grade fevers mainly at night. Ive never had a sinus infection so Im wondering if that is what it is.

Just as a side note....I would go to the doctor but I have a lot of medical stuff going on with my kids right now which is tapping my time and money so I just want to get others opinions before I run off to the doctor.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 7:54 pm

Yeah, that sounds kinda like a sinus infection to me. Do the glands slightly under your ears hurt? That's always an indicator for me. I used to get a LOT of them when I was little. I don't get them as often now, but when I do it's horrible.

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 6:53 am

Get some very clean water. Boil it and let it cool if necessary. Put a few spoons of salt in it and dissolve it by stirring. Go to the bathroom, take some of the water in your palm and inhale it, blow your nose and repeat. Don’t panic if it burns.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 9:22 am

Thanks for the replies...I will try the salt water thing. My husband says I should just go jump in the ocean and suck water up my nose LOL....hes so helpful.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 2:15 pm

I had a sinus infection once, I could feel it in my teeth :x

I think the doctor might've given us antibiotics.

Coadunate wrote:
...take some of the water in your palm and inhale it...

Sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me @_@

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 4:49 pm

One of these makes it easier to rinse the nose/sinuses
(with the salt water) look weird but works well and its
cheap - just be careful to not drown. Got one from my
doc the first time i saw one, he recommended it

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 4:57 pm

liloleme wrote:
I got a really bad cold the Saturday before last. I keep thinking Im getting better and then I feel like crud again. My face hurts and Im still quite stuffy. I run low grade fevers mainly at night. Ive never had a sinus infection so Im wondering if that is what it is.

Just as a side note....I would go to the doctor but I have a lot of medical stuff going on with my kids right now which is tapping my time and money so I just want to get others opinions before I run off to the doctor.

YES!

I had one when i worked at a factory, i just quit recently.. it was shittyyyy... I was breathing in glue and dust fumes all day! :x when i quit there i was still sneezing all the time and blowing my nose, and it hurt a bit. . but over time it went away.. thank god!

I got bleeding noses while i worked there too :evil:

psych
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 6:33 pm

pineapples & chocolate. maybe food that contains Mg?

& check your bed for mites - vacumn clean your mattress thoroughly, through the pillow out if its old & wash everything @ 60 degrees for at least 1 hour. A pillow thats full of mites/droppings will 'droop' if you place it across your arm. actually that might be for asthmatics, but it wouldnt hurt i suppose.

Also check for mold/damp etc.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 12:48 pm

ImTheGuyThatDidThat wrote:
...just be careful to not drown.

See, that's the problem I would have :x I've accidentally snorted things up my nose and choked way too many times to trust myself snorting something intentionally.

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 3:08 pm

liloleme wrote:

Yes. Many.

My longest lasted about four months.

I have had chronic sinus/ear problems for many years.

That is until I found some tools to help me. Yes, like most of the other posters have mentioned salt water is very effective at helping remove bad things from the sinus and also healing them.

The device that ImTheGuyThatDidThat posted does work. I have my own. I also use a squirt bottle made for the nose as well. Both were available at Walgreens (don't know if you have them in your part of the country).

There are other things that you can do yourself. If you want to know, let me know and I will gladly share. I very much understand what this is like and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2008, 1:41 am

Wow, I can't imagine not having a sinus infection. I am asthmatic, and I've had problems with it all my life. Right now I'm actually just getting over a sinus infection.

First, I recommend going to the doctor. No one likes it, but antibiotics work. My Mom let it go too long once and the sinus infection spread into her muscles, and she was horribly sick for months. For pressure, take whatever medication you would for a headache. If it helps, take Mucinex or something similar. Get plenty of sleep, drink water (and possibly drinks with vitamin C, like orange juice), and don't let it go on too long. Take care, and I hope you get to feeling better.