Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

06xrs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2005, 7:03 am

I think I just figured out why I always had so much trouble finding girls who were interested in me. NT girls use their eyes to send signals to you. If you don't see 'em, you can't read 'em. I realized this yesterday. I was standing in front of the mall waiting for it to open. Once it did and I went inside, a woman walked up to me asked if I went to a particular high school. I said no and she said that I looked like someone she knew from school and that was why she kept staring at me outside. I never noticed that she was staring at me because I never looked at her eyes.

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2005, 9:27 am

i got the same problem, i never look at thier faces much i look at their chest or feet.

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2005, 10:42 am

Agreed on that, it's really hard to tell if they're looking at you or something else when you only glimpse the direction of their face in your periforile vision (I can't spell that). It's twice as scary to look at them as well because you start thnking about the possibility that they are/aren't interested in you and so if you actually do catch them in the eye it's like argh! Well that happens to me quite a bit.

theman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: Oklahoma...... where the men are men and the sheep run scared.

18 Nov 2005, 1:29 pm

Quote:
i never look at thier faces much i look at their chest

lol.................A lot of males have this problem in general! 8O

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2005, 1:38 pm

It's tougher in the wintery months though. :cry:

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2005, 9:14 pm

Yeah I also tend to avoid making eye contact.

Though, I find that making eye contact is not at all useful in telling me what the other person is thinking. People will stare at you for lots of different reasons, not just because they like you or think your interesting. (People used to stare at me because I acted so weird.)

Interestingly, I've noticed that people (strangers) deliberately avoid eye contact with me when I walk past them. This occurs regardless of whether or not I try to make eye contact with them. Not sure what the reason for this is yet.

nerderer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Nov 2005, 12:20 pm

a girl giving me the eye is a turn off as i look or listen for other cues of who she is rather than what she wants if a girl looks at me dumb its over i cant respect her.

06xrs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2005, 2:43 pm

I never get any useful information from the eyes either, other than that now I realize that if she's looking at you then she's noticed you and that's half the battle.

Of course that look could be saying "Take another step toward me and I'm going for the pepper spray 8O ", but that's the other half of the battle.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2005, 7:29 pm

06xrs wrote:
NT girls use their eyes to send signals to you.

I realized that about a year ago. I was at a party at another college (not the one I attended). There was this girl there. When she said hi to me and made small talk, she was looking right in my eyes, as if trying to look through my pupils, smiling as she was doing it. Ironically, I wasn't uncomfortable at all. Instead, I found myself getting extremely turned on. Later, I asked her to dance. When we were dancing, she was dancing very close. Long story short, I'm very glad I had an opportunity to learn the importance of eye contact.