King of Fighters does anyone play it or even heard of it....

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kdash
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 57

27 Sep 2008, 8:38 am

So...?



ChaoQuiet
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 1 Aug 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 15

27 Sep 2008, 12:05 pm

sometimes when I'm really bored
a good figthing games for their time



SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,854
Location: Michigan

27 Sep 2008, 1:05 pm

I've heard of it, but haven't really played it. I'm not all that big into fighting games...I liked Street Fighter (especially the Alphas), and Soul Calibur, and DoA2...that's about it.

Though it would probably help if I had a six button Dreamcast pad :roll:


_________________
he had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say
we'll miss him


kdash
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 57

28 Sep 2008, 7:01 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:

Though it would probably help if I had a six button Dreamcast pad :roll:


lol dreamcast controllers has only 4 buttons?



SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,854
Location: Michigan

28 Sep 2008, 1:48 pm

Four face buttons, yes (and a start button). The R and L button are not going to be your friends in a fighting game.

It works alright for 3 or 4 button games like Soul Calibur and DoA2, but Street Fighter or anything like that is a real challenge. They have arcade sticks, but they're kind of pricey =/ Even something like the Saturn gamepad would be perfect.


_________________
he had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say
we'll miss him


countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 401
Location: Massachusetts

28 Sep 2008, 4:23 pm

Hell yes!! KOF is awesome. Billy Kane is probably my favorite character to play as in any game.



kdash
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 57

28 Sep 2008, 6:22 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Four face buttons, yes (and a start button). The R and L button are not going to be your friends in a fighting game.

It works alright for 3 or 4 button games like Soul Calibur and DoA2, but Street Fighter or anything like that is a real challenge. They have arcade sticks, but they're kind of pricey =/ Even something like the Saturn gamepad would be perfect.


Ah I sees, yeah I know what u mean man, the same thing happens when I'm playing on a PS/PS2 controller for street fighter. It's difficult I know :S

Hmmmm depends where you buy your arcade joystick from..... I'm from Australia and got mine at a small game shop for around $50 AUS.



kdash
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 57

28 Sep 2008, 6:28 pm

countzarroff wrote:
Hell yes!! KOF is awesome. Billy Kane is probably my favorite character to play as in any game.


w00t "HEY! HEY! HEY!" I'm not really a Billy Kane fan, don't like his jap voice, he sounds like a sissy O_O His english dub sounds more better and suits him. But my little bro seems to like playing with him.

My favourate characters would be Kdash (guess why.....), Benimaru, Terry (MOTW version), Joe, Kyo (98 ver).

So I bet you're looking forward to KOF XII?



dark_mage
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 237

28 Sep 2008, 7:35 pm

I have heard of it haven't played it but some of the characters (Mai, Terry) are fun to play & who can forget Ryo the nod to Ryu from Street Fighter?


_________________
The Mind: the most powerful computational device known in the universe.

I'm not evil I just have a different view of good


twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,731
Location: Boötes void

28 Sep 2008, 9:58 pm

Have '97 for Saturn. Seemed a rather inaccessible fighting game to me...


_________________
* here for the nachos.


kdash
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 57

29 Sep 2008, 9:46 am

dark_mage wrote:
I have heard of it haven't played it but some of the characters (Mai, Terry) are fun to play & who can forget Ryo the nod to Ryu from Street Fighter?


lol yeah that's what got me interested in KOF cause these characters were in it.

lol oh yeah Ryo and Robert = ripoff of Ryu and Ken.

And then Capcom had a go at SNK by making Dan who is a parody of Ryo and Robert combined XD



kdash
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 57

29 Sep 2008, 9:47 am

twoshots wrote:
Have '97 for Saturn. Seemed a rather inaccessible fighting game to me...


What do you mean by that?



irikarah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2008
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 206
Location: Portland, OR

29 Sep 2008, 10:16 am

I got into the series back when we still had real arcades. Still into it, though trying to beat KoF XI makes me want to bash my head in whenever I fight the end boss.

It's weird, though. Despite all the improvements, I still find myself going back to KoF 2002 the most. Something about the character movements just feels right...not too fast and loose, not to slow and sluggish. That, and I play Mature a lot :p



dark_mage
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 237

29 Sep 2008, 4:28 pm

Don't forget that Capcom also made Maki a ripoff on Mai (If you play Capcom vs. SNK you'll find this in there). It'll be interesting to see this game out now we need Marvel vs. Capcom 3


_________________
The Mind: the most powerful computational device known in the universe.

I'm not evil I just have a different view of good


kdash
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 57

29 Sep 2008, 9:29 pm

irikarah wrote:
I got into the series back when we still had real arcades. Still into it, though trying to beat KoF XI makes me want to bash my head in whenever I fight the end boss.


lol real arcades..... Ah you mean Magaki, yeah from what vids I saw of him he seems pretty rigged, like any typical KOF boss.....


irikarah wrote:
It's weird, though. Despite all the improvements, I still find myself going back to KoF 2002 the most. Something about the character movements just feels right...not too fast and loose, not to
slow and sluggish.


Yeah I like KOF 2002 too, in fact I like KOF 98, and UM too, mainly cause they have most of the characters across from the series in those games. It's like an all in one game :D


irikarah wrote:
That, and I play Mature a lot :p


lol I wonder why......



kdash
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 57

29 Sep 2008, 9:34 pm

dark_mage wrote:
Don't forget that Capcom also made Maki a ripoff on Mai (If you play Capcom vs. SNK you'll find this in there). It'll be interesting to see this game out now we need Marvel vs. Capcom 3


lol oh yeah her too, but I don't think it was intentional. And what about Yuri who's a parody of Dan, especially with the thumbs up pose, just like dan O.o Or is it the other way around...?

Actually I heard there are hints there might be a MvC3, got the info from this link: http://www.fightersgeneration.com/news- ... q3-08.html

Just scroll down to the MvC3 part or do a word search if you're lazy XD