Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2008, 6:10 pm

I'm also extrodinarily blind to any sort of romantic signals. I literally cannot tell the difference between attraction and friendliness unless it's painfully obvious, and that's very rare.

WonderWomen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2008, 2:50 am

Greyhound wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
markaudette wrote:
Dear God, this is terrifically embarrassing but therewas this woman I had really been attracted to for a long time. we'd been friends since high school. And I was interested in her sexually as well. After spending our whole friendship in a state of non-sexualness she appears out of the blue [wanting to have a sexual relationship I wasn't even aware of until she gave up on me and stopped talking to me.]

We spend the next several months playing what I later unraveled in my mind as being this cat-and-mouse game of "will we or won't we dork each other?" She had been coming on to me for a couple of MONTHS straight and I wasn't even aware of it.

Thinking of it always makes me feel an inch tall.

I'm uncannily blind to the sexual cues as well, and I'm sure I've driven women up the pole with that. The cues seemed so vague, so unreliable, that I could never believe they were happenng.

I don't think I'd know if someone really liked me. Even if I did know, I wouldn't know what to do. I'm not likely to have anyone wanting me anyway.

It's alright.
I know who wants to be my friend.
It doesn't matter, sometimes you don't like them anyway.
Some guy has been asking why I won't see him anymore.
I pretend to acknowledge him by saying it's because we have nothing in common.
Of course, that's not informative, so he'll just have to guess.
Do you think this is common Aspergers behavior?

29 Sep 2008, 3:00 am

^Why can't you tell him?^

Aren't aspies honest and straight forward? So tell him why.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 4:56 am

I heard Bill Gates, who has AS is a very good poker player. I think it has to do with people with AS can have trouble showing emotion in there face, so it makes it hard for the other players to read him.