Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2008, 12:13 pm

Mine recommended I stay away from reading alot of research and stick mainly to books written by those with Aspergers. Books about life experience ect. Do you agree? What books have you read you read you found helpful?

Hands
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Sep 2008, 4:40 pm

The best two books written by people with AS I've read are Freaks, Geeks & Asperger Syndrome by Luke Jackson and The Feelings Unmutual(Growing Up With Asperger Syndrome Undiagnosed) by Will Hadcroft.
And yes I would agree with your therapist, I've read a lot of books since I found out I had AS, and the best ones I read were the ones that were written by people with AS. This is because when I read them, I finally felt like I was not alone. That there were other people who knew what it was like to be me.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Sep 2008, 11:17 pm

Did you know you can get 'the rapist' from therapist? Which is strange because councilors tend to violate people's already fragile minds. It's like a sick joke to them. Therapists are the sick ones! 8O

The former things have passed away."

WonderWomen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Sep 2008, 11:27 pm

i saw a therapist with a guy from this site

he invited me to one and i invited him to another

i don't communicate with him anymore and he asks why

he is concerned that if he can't be friends with another aspergers then he may never have good friends

should he seek another therapist anyone?