Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

AToughCustomer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Sep 2008, 10:42 pm

I got a new laptop recently... a Toshiba! I really like it a lot. All around it's an awesome computer. it has a 13 inch screen, so it's really small and light, which is extremely convenient because I bring it with me everywhere I go. It's also extremely good at doing things. I can run Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on it flawlessly.

If you're looking for a good laptop, Toshiba is definitely where it's at.

kip
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 1:37 am

Well I coulda told ya that... I won't own anything but a Toshiba. They are actually kinda hard to kill... mine is about 2 seconds away from a failed board and yet still keeps chugging along...

One thing you do have to worry about with Toshibas though is they have yet to figure out how to make the video connection stay attached to the board. If you have a tendency to grab the open screen to shift it about, unlearn that. It'll rip the cable right from the board one day.

And some models do have overheating problems, so keep the fans and heatsink cleared out. Toshiba doesn't leave a dust leeway.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

MADDuck
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 2:25 am

YAY Toshiba!!

First I'd go with another Macintosh, but then if I HAD to run windows, I'd go Toshiba.

Got a picture of it, or a link to your specs?