Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Does age make a difference on Wrong Planet?
No 24%  24%  [ 19 ]
No 24%  24%  [ 19 ]
Age? who's counting? 15%  15%  [ 12 ]
Age? who's counting? 15%  15%  [ 12 ]
Not sure 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Not sure 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
yes 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
yes 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
of course it does, you old geezer/young whippersnapper! 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
of course it does, you old geezer/young whippersnapper! 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 80

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2005, 4:01 pm

I think age matters less in this forum than in other forums, because our intellectual ages, emotional ages and biological ages are so different from one another...

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2005, 5:06 pm

I always get a surprise when I realise just how old a person is. I used to think all the mods were adults and got the shock of my life to realise many of us are in our teens! Whilst I confess I sometimes skim past the kids posts, for the most part I think we get on remarkably well cross-age, although I think perhaps there is a bit of a cut-off: anyone over 15 can interact but sometimes I fear it is hard on the younguns.

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

20 Nov 2005, 5:37 pm

PhoenixKitten wrote:
I always get a surprise when I realise just how old a person is. I used to think all the mods were adults and got the shock of my life to realise many of us are in our teens! Whilst I confess I sometimes skim past the kids posts, for the most part I think we get on remarkably well cross-age, although I think perhaps there is a bit of a cut-off: anyone over 15 can interact but sometimes I fear it is hard on the younguns.

Well, Chris has said as much.

I'm not sure why though.
I've always been fine dealing with adults.

"The difference between genius and idiocy is that genius has limits." -Albert Einstein

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2005, 6:51 pm

I don't really pay much attention to ages here. I can usually remember if someone is close to my age or not, but that doesn't really affect what I think of them or anything.

At 18, I think I am the youngest moderator, and the idea of moderating people older than myself seems quite odd.

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2005, 2:16 am

CDRhom wrote:
Age seems to matter less here than some other forums. Personally, I attribute this to the tendancy we have to be atypically developed socially and accept people at face value.
I like this way of thinking about it.
I don't judge a person's ability to interact with me according to their age. One of the most memorable relationships I had was with a client who was 12 and could read much higher than grade level but agonizingly slowly because of a learning disability. It took him a year to read Myth. Yet he and I had the most amazing philosophical discussions. If I had been condescending I would have missed an amazing experience.

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

Anonymous_Aspie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Nov 2005, 2:31 am

Chances are I'm not going to be adding anything to this thread, being as that I'm going to agree with everyone else and everything's pretty much been said. Age doesn't mean crapola to me. Intelligence is the great equalizer here, and since the quality of one's ideas is my only point of judgement, age is of course irrelevant.

-AA

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2005, 5:29 am

Nope.