Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 9:30 pm

"studies have shown a link between autism and cow's milk"

I could link the video game pong with lettuce if I really tried.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 9:43 pm

erm...apparently it's more then PETA saying thay. google shows a bunch of stuff like that
http://www.google.com/search?q=autism+m ... =firefox-a

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 9:44 pm

I became vegetarian over 10 years ago, and since then, I've been cutting more and more dairy products from my diet. But I've only gotten more autistic, if such a thing is possible. I'm a very strong proponent of animal rights, but I don't know if scare tactics are the best way to convince people of something. As they say, you catch more flies with honey...

Danechi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Sep 2008, 9:52 pm

I recently started mostly-following (meaning I'm not nearly as rigid as I could be) a diet that includes being gluten-free and casein-free as part of it. Not for autism, but as part of trying to prevent inflammation in one of my conditions where inflammation in the lungs leads to scarring and damaged lung passages, which leads to increased susceptibility to infections, which can lead to death in the long run.

I've noticed a lot of improvement in some of my symptoms related to that physical disorder, and also some reduction in my frequent joint pain. I haven't become any less autistic.

I don't believe that gluten or casein ever causes autism, but I do think that if someone has allergies to either, they'd do a lot better having it eliminated, because allergies make people miserable and people are far less functional (in any way) when they're miserable with health problems. I don't think that non-allergic people need to avoid either. And allergies should be verified either by experience or by an actual medical professional, not by a DAN doctor who may or may not be modifying the results. (Don't know if they do this for gluten and casein, just have heard too much about many DAN doctors' methods of reporting supposed "mercury poisoning.")

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 10:46 pm

This is sick. Peta is spew dalsehoods about things they know nothing about, just so they can serve their own agenda. They make me *sick*

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 10:46 pm

I don't think i've ever had a meal that didn't include a healthy portion of cheese in it... cheese is good!

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 11:26 pm

jrknothead wrote:
I don't think i've ever had a meal that didn't include a healthy portion of cheese in it... cheese is good!
Milk is very good for you. I can't even fathom how they are going to get people to believe this bull honky.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 12:10 am

ShadesOfMe wrote:
Milk is very good for you. I can't even fathom how they are going to get people to believe this bull honky.

by pointing out some of the chemicals that go into milk production.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Sep 2008, 12:19 am

I'm ashamed to say back when I was vegetarian I used to be involved with that effed up organization. Luckily, I realized later, that they just try to brainwash everyone into their beliefs, which is totally what I'm against.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 12:42 am

I should be dead and in the grave because I can drink a gallon a day.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 3:44 am

Orwell wrote:
Vegetarians are simply being foolish in pretending that humans are not a natural part of the food chain, and the place we occupy involves us eating both plants and animals. Are bears immoral for eating meat? :roll:

Bears have no choice. we do. some of us choose not to, and-imagine that!- not all of those that chose not to eat meat actually support PETA, nor have anything against other people eating meat.

it's really annoying how some people can generalize, it's like saying that all muslims are suicide bombers wannabes or something. I've been a vegetarian for 10 years and I find most actions by PETA just as ridiculous and loony as you do. I have nothing against you enjoying your bloody cow steak so let me eat my soy without calling me foolish.

Last edited by anna-banana on 30 Sep 2008, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M02
Raven
Raven

30 Sep 2008, 7:40 am

see this article. http://www.popcrunch.com/peta-sharon-st ... rain-scan/
Apparently these people also like to punch people for "a lack of empathy" due to a brain defect.

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 8:20 am

cyberscan wrote:
I'm definitely a member of P.E.T.A. (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals).

So am I! ^___^

annotated_alice
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 8:42 am

That ad is seriously offensive. :evil:

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 8:55 am

I hope they didn't use cows milk especially for the photograph :lol:

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 10:34 am

You do realize, of course, that one of the major gases contributing to the "greenhouse effect" is methane.

And that one of the largest sources of methane on this planet is cow farts.

Do your bit to fight global warming - eat a cow today, so it can't fart any more!

:)