Page 7 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Psychopompos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 7:53 am

sErgEantaEgis wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Nah, It's STARING AT THE MOON which causes Autism!

The [PETA] blog post is here, if anyone wants to see it.

Oh, and I'd love to bathe in a bath of milk, by the way.

Queen Cleopatra of Egypt bathed herself in milk in order to preserve her youth and her beauty...

...I wonder if it worked :chin: ? Tough one thing for sure,she must have smelled AWFUL!

She used donkey's milk.

Alum dare, dolere, id Hephaestus, id ire / Pro profundis fati / Pro pulchris infernarum profundis / Pro pulchris omni fati brachium / Pulchris profundis infernarum servi fati / Profundis, profundis fati

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 12:14 am

Quote:
The page you requested cannot be found. The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

BigJohnnyCool
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2010, 4:09 pm

Heard about this when I was 13. I was in 8th grade at the time. It was also the first time in which I was diagnosed with Autism. To this day I can't drink milk and I can have very little cheese. If I have too much of either of them I get buzzed (or at least I'mtold I act like I've drank beer of smoke pot, both of which I've never done...)

Very Ironically though, Yogurt acts like a anti-drug if I consume either products, which I find weird...

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 5:10 pm

oh peta you so craaazeh

I doubt anyones going to take Peta seriously though, we are talking about a group of people that wanted Ben and Jerry's Ice cream to replace the cows milk in its ice cream with breast milk

HUMAN breast milk

they also tried to impeach the president of the USA for swatting a fly

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 5:23 pm

Ha, look what i made

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

28 Jul 2010, 1:35 pm

"Terrorist" is a meaningless word used by politicians to incur public opposition against political dissidents who are deemed threatening to the status quo, similar to the way "leftist" and "liberal", are used, as well as the old-fashioned slur of yesteryear, "commie".

Even within the dictionary definition, the ALF is hardly a terrorist group, unless you're using a very broad definition that includes destruction of property.

But that's okay, even if you do.

Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Jr, and the signers of the Declaration also did all sorts of illegal s**t that brought on the wrath of the establishment, and look how that turned out.

:D

Last edited by Bethie on 28 Jul 2010, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 1:46 pm

If cows milk did cause autism, then why isn't almost everyone autistic? Or does cows milk cause autism and only a selected few are afflicted? Its the same with cancer, everybody has it, its dormant, but only a select few in the world actually get it seriously.

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 2:14 pm

Bethie wrote:
"Terrorist" is a meaningless word used by politicians to incur public opposition against political dissidents who are deemed threatening to the status quo, similar to the way "leftist" and "liberal", are used, as well as the old-fashioned slur of yesteryear, "commie".

Even within the dictionary definition, the ALF is hardly a terrorist group, unless you're using a very broad definition that includes destruction of property.

But that's okay, even if you do.

Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Jr, and the signers of the Declaration also did all sorts of illegal sh** that brought on the wrath of the establishment, and look how that turned out.

:D

no trust me they are, ALF has blown up buildings and they have no regard for the welbeing of human beings

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 2:16 pm

Craig28 wrote:
If cows milk did cause autism, then why isn't almost everyone autistic? Or does cows milk cause autism and only a selected few are afflicted? Its the same with cancer, everybody has it, its dormant, but only a select few in the world actually get it seriously.

they think that autistic people have weaker intestines, and that means that there is excess nutrients in our system

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

28 Jul 2010, 3:06 pm

Leekduck wrote:

no trust me they are, ALF has blown up buildings and they have no regard for the welbeing of human beings

And yet you failed to name a single human being who's been harmed by their actions.
Probably because there aren't any. :D

I get off when people make up fantasies about others who they've never met....

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2010, 4:43 pm

I think this is most untrue having grown up on milk but now veg and I wish peta would get their facts straight. They do a damn good job for the animals though.

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 5:10 pm

Bethie wrote:
Leekduck wrote:

And yet you failed to name a single human being who's been harmed by their actions.
Probably because there aren't any. :D

I get off when people make up fantasies about others who they've never met....

just for you i found a name

Brian Cass was attacked by men in pickaxes during the 'Stop Huntingdon Cruelty' campaign, he nearly died

be honest, we are talking about firebombers, its a miracle that nobody has been murdered yet (to the extent of my knowledge)

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 9:17 am

So,
in contrast to the torture and slaughter of MILLIONS,
you find a single name, whose attacks can't even be affiliated with the ALF?
Nice.

Also, for the record, I'm not sure what data PETA is referencing, but if it was an empirical study, the conclusion would go something like this:

The prevalence of Autism-spectrum disorders among those who consume dairy is higher than among those who do not.

"I don't drink milk, yet still have Aspergers" and "So and so drinks milk, and doesn't"

are ANECDOTES, not refutations of statistical occurrences involving large groups of people.

:roll:

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 9:29 am

Wow, all those years I've trusted the cows, and now.. betrayal! :roll:

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 12:40 pm

TechnicalPacifist wrote:
Wow, all those years I've trusted the cows, and now.. betrayal! :roll:

I know. They look so INNOCENT!

~shakes fist~

Celoneth
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 1:46 pm

Bethie wrote:
"I don't drink milk, yet still have Aspergers" and "So and so drinks milk, and doesn't"

are ANECDOTES, not refutations of statistical occurrences involving large groups of people.

And confusing correlation and conclusion to make it seem like dairy products cause autism is a manipulation of statistics. PETA has a good cause, it's the way that they go about it that makes most animal rights people hate them.