Page 7 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

28 Jul 2010, 3:06 pm

Leekduck wrote:

no trust me they are, ALF has blown up buildings and they have no regard for the welbeing of human beings

And yet you failed to name a single human being who's been harmed by their actions.
Probably because there aren't any. :D

I get off when people make up fantasies about others who they've never met....

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2010, 4:43 pm

I think this is most untrue having grown up on milk but now veg and I wish peta would get their facts straight. They do a damn good job for the animals though.

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 5:10 pm

Bethie wrote:
Leekduck wrote:

no trust me they are, ALF has blown up buildings and they have no regard for the welbeing of human beings

And yet you failed to name a single human being who's been harmed by their actions.
Probably because there aren't any. :D

I get off when people make up fantasies about others who they've never met....

just for you i found a name

Brian Cass was attacked by men in pickaxes during the 'Stop Huntingdon Cruelty' campaign, he nearly died

be honest, we are talking about firebombers, its a miracle that nobody has been murdered yet (to the extent of my knowledge)

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

29 Jul 2010, 9:17 am

So,
in contrast to the torture and slaughter of MILLIONS,
you find a single name, whose attacks can't even be affiliated with the ALF?
Nice.

Also, for the record, I'm not sure what data PETA is referencing, but if it was an empirical study, the conclusion would go something like this:

The prevalence of Autism-spectrum disorders among those who consume dairy is higher than among those who do not.

"I don't drink milk, yet still have Aspergers" and "So and so drinks milk, and doesn't"

are ANECDOTES, not refutations of statistical occurrences involving large groups of people.

:roll:

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 9:29 am

Wow, all those years I've trusted the cows, and now.. betrayal! :roll:

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 12:40 pm

TechnicalPacifist wrote:
Wow, all those years I've trusted the cows, and now.. betrayal! :roll:

I know. They look so INNOCENT!

~shakes fist~

Celoneth
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 1:46 pm

Bethie wrote:
"I don't drink milk, yet still have Aspergers" and "So and so drinks milk, and doesn't"

are ANECDOTES, not refutations of statistical occurrences involving large groups of people.

And confusing correlation and conclusion to make it seem like dairy products cause autism is a manipulation of statistics. PETA has a good cause, it's the way that they go about it that makes most animal rights people hate them.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 9:48 pm

Celoneth wrote:
Bethie wrote:
PETA has a good cause, it's the way that they go about it that makes most animal rights people hate them.

I can certainly agree, there.