Did you cry at THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST?

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you cry at movies?
Aspie guy, and I cry at movies 15%  15%  [ 7 ]
Aspie guy, and I cry at movies 15%  15%  [ 7 ]
Aspie girl, and I cry at movies 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Aspie girl, and I cry at movies 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Aspie guy, no crying at movies 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Aspie guy, no crying at movies 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Aspie girl, no crying at movies 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Aspie girl, no crying at movies 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 46

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 8:31 pm

2005!?

Damn, the real resurrection is right here.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 3:08 pm

My family and I are practicing Catholics, but we avoided watching this movie.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 3:45 pm

Aspieangeldude wrote:
I didn’t shed any physical tears but deep down I was crying in my heart and felt torn up. Right now as I think of the movie I’m thinking “what have I done to my savior? Why do I sin so much when he shows me love. I’m actually crying physically right now writing this :cry:

You ARE aware, I hope, that you are replying to posts made fifteen years ago.

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Nov 2021, 8:10 pm

Actually I am aware, I just find some of these such great topics just thought maybe revive the very interesting ones, that’s all

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 12:20 pm

I was warped to believe the Jews killed Christ. South Park fixed that.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 12:24 pm

The Passion of the Christ was just one more in a long line of anti-Semitic "Passion Plays" horked up by Hollywood.

I am not a fan of Mr. Gibson; but I did not think that this movie was any better or any worse than any similar depictions I had previously seen.

No, I did not cry.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 12:38 pm

You didn't cry for Jesus, ?, you have no soul fnord.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 12:58 pm

theprisoner wrote:
You didn't cry for Jesus, ?, you have no soul fnord.
Jesus was not in the movie; He was portrayed by an actor.  Therefore, there was nothing about which to cry.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 1:06 pm

Jesus was not in your head or heart either, evidently. I know you're a scientific kinda guy. So Jesus may be anathema.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 1:09 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Jesus was not in your head or heart...
Evidence, please?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 1:12 pm

Evidence of a intrapsychic subjective experience?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 1:15 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Define, please?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 1:25 pm

Fnord wrote:
theprisoner wrote:
Define, please?

Quote:
intrapsychic

: being or occurring within the psyche, mind, or personality

subjective
1 philosophy : relating to the way a person experiences things in his or her own mind subjective reality Dreaming is a subjective experience. a person's subjective perception of the world
2 : based on feelings or opinions rather than facts a subjective judgment/decision Personal taste in clothing is very subjective.

1 : of, relating to, or constituting a subject: such as
a obsolete : of, relating to, or characteristic of one that is a subject especially in lack of freedom of action or in submissiveness
b : being or relating to a grammatical subject especially : nominative
2 : of or relating to the essential being of that which has substance, qualities, attributes, or relations
3a : characteristic of or belonging to reality as perceived rather than as independent of mind : phenomenal — compare objective sense 2a
b : relating to or being experience or knowledge as conditioned by personal mental characteristics or states
4a(1) : peculiar to a particular individual : personal subjective judgments
(2) : modified or affected by personal views, experience, or background a subjective account of the incident
b : arising from conditions within the brain or sense organs and not directly caused by external stimuli subjective sensations
c : arising out of or identified by means of one's perception of one's own states and processes a subjective symptom of disease — compare objective sense 2c

experience
1 : the process of doing and seeing things and of having things happen to you The best way to learn is by experience. the experience of pain/love

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 1:32 pm

Oh, you mean a fantasy!  There is no need for you to be politically correct about it.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 1:54 pm

Why do you seem to say fantasy as if it has no significance. Intrapsychic subjective experience is what we are, nothing is more real. The domain of consciousness is still a mystery with much unexplored territory.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 1:58 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Why do you seem to say fantasy as if it has no significance. Intrapsychic subjective experience is what we are, nothing is more real. The domain of consciousness is still a mystery with much unexplored territory.
Fantasy ... perception ... perspective ... whatever ... why use twenty-dollar words to describe a two-bit concept?