Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ImMelody
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 6:16 am

Because of some things that have happened, I had to do an Independent Psychological Evaluation. Well, we got the results back this week, and it says that along with OCD that I have Asperger's. Now, if you guys remember me, that is what I was assuming I had. But now the realization is kicking in.

I know it doesn't change who I am. I know it only answers all my questions and holes with the other diagnoses I've gotten over the years. I know it explains why both my kiddos are. But for some reason, it's still kind of shocking to think about.

nettiespaghetti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2008, 9:09 am

It is a bit shocking at first. When I was first researching aspergers I thought for sure I had it, but yet, part of me lived in denial. So I went through a whole phase of thinking "yes, definitely describes me" and then "but that doesn't mean anything, I'm probably normal, reading websites doesn't mean I have anything" and then after being diagnosed I finally realized that I couldn't live in denial because it was so blatantly obvious. I fit so much of the criteria and sound like so many people on this site... But anyways, try not to think of it as being inferior. I have done that too much. It's a difference and that's it.