Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 12:42 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
When I do try and get into something after a while, it's like "What's the purpose anyway?"

Yeah...I've been feeling pretty emo lately. I wish they'd invent some happy pills that were legal......

Hear, hear ...

My anti-depressants don't keep me from getting depressed at all ...

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 2:05 pm

The anti-depressants isnt going to do everything for you. You have to have a positive state of mind in order to to make progress. You have to get those negative thoughts out of your mind and begin replacing them with fun or happy thoughts. Or thoughts to get better everyday.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 2:21 pm

Well I am reading on Cognitive Therapy. Does help a little with looking outside the box.

It's just not easy be motivated espeacially when there's no one to actually talk to anymore. I used to have "fair weathered friends" but after some personal issues, I had to split from them.

Last edited by MissConstrue on 03 Oct 2008, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 3:00 pm

Take a rollercoaster ride if you dare.

Working was sometimes helpful, and it did keep life moving. May as well, if everything else sucks.

Yes eye candy can do a lot.

Animals work for me too.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Oct 2008, 3:39 pm

I think this is called dysphoria. Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of my sleep, feeling horrible and hopeless. Mostly it passes, after awhile. Just have to ride it through.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 4:21 pm

I feel that in the morning...before going to work.

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2008, 5:15 am

Usually when I'm feeling dispassionate about everything, there's a reservoir of pain, sort of just waiting under the surface to well up. . .

Motzart's Requiem helps. So does a lot of dancing. Also taking good care of my body, and being brutally honest about any external things I might have to feel sh***y about. . . and not hesitating to take action to fix them.

I hope you feel better.