Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 9:37 pm

A) you're useless or B) you have no common sense. :-)

I got told I was useless today (I was standing around not helping put up groceries) (which I tend to do I'm usually clueless LOL!) Also I get told I have no common sense on a daily basis. :-(

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 9:41 pm

I LOL' ed when I read that. YES I have been told I have no common sense too many times to count *nods* been there done that.
Don't hear that I am useless too often.

Sorry you have to listen to these negative things:(

BTW no one has told me I have no common sense in soooo long. I think my mother went to a counselor and was told not to say that so she stopped. That was years ago.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 9:45 pm

Don't worry about it. After a while they will get tired of saying it.

happypuff
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Oct 2008, 9:51 pm

I mainly get told that because I am clever at some things (eg school/uni work) I should stop acting stupid when it comes to these 'common sense' things because I really do know how to do it I am just choosing not to.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 9:51 pm

Thanks WP members. :-)

madderakka
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Oct 2008, 9:52 pm

I'm NT and I got told that a lot. It took me awhile to realize they were wrong. I'm not perfect, but definitely not useless. Reading minds just happens to not be one of my uses. :lol:

Owendust
Raven
Raven

03 Oct 2008, 9:53 pm

When I was growing up, my mother constantly asked me where my common sense was. I was finally diagnosed with asperger's when I was 20, and she hasn't said it to me in the 6 years since then.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 9:58 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:

yes; both on the internet and irl.

Kelsi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2008, 10:04 pm

NT's are generally very poor at stating clearly, honestly, and specifically, what it is they actually want/expect from us. They will very rarely apologize for this. Instead, they believe that we should be more accommodating of their communication skill deficits, and learn how to read their minds. :wink:

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 10:10 pm

I've certainly been told many times I have no common sense.

I'm sure people have occasionally called me useless but it is not something I hear regularly.

Kauf039
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2008, 10:52 pm

Oh, yeah. Grew up to hearing that. They didn't understand that even though I could get straight A's through school (with the exception of touchy feely classes) but could not understand that I need to be told steps in processes in order to get everything right.

"When you vaccuum the floor, you go around and pick up and put everything away first, its just common sence!" "How do you not know not to put a new garbage bag in the garbage can after taking the old bag out?" "When I ask you to shovel the sidewalk, why didn't you shovel the deck too?"

Yeah, I love my family, however they sometime did not get that you have to tell me EVERYTHING that applies to a certain chore or word, etc. at least once.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 11:08 pm

I get told that I'm stupid and ugly a lot

/shrug

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 11:32 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:

I got told I was useless today (I was standing around not helping put up groceries) (which I tend to do I'm usually clueless LOL!) Also I get told I have no common sense on a daily basis. :-(

I've gotten told that I have no common sense for that exact situation. I don't always understand what's expected of me in a lot of situations, unless someone comes right out, and tells me. It's not that I'm lazy, or whatever, because I'm more than happy to help out if I'm asked.

CentralFLM
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2008, 11:36 pm

Quote:
I got told I was useless today (I was standing around not helping put up groceries) (which I tend to do I'm usually clueless LOL!) Also I get told I have no common sense on a daily basis.

You're useless because you are self-absorbed and don't think about other people. I've also had this probelm as well in the past, but I've realized that we are put on this Earth to give, instead of being selfish like playing video games 15 hours a day and believing that other's don't have needs as well.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2008, 12:17 am

I get ignored and people will look right though me to their friends on the other side of me. It's like I don't exist completely in their plane of consciousness, or something.

Merle

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2008, 12:18 am

madderakka wrote:
I'm NT and I got told that a lot. It took me awhile to realize they were wrong. I'm not perfect, but definitely not useless. Reading minds just happens to not be one of my uses. :lol:

reading minds is not one of my uses either.

i have been told that too. just not for ages.