WARNING PALIN DIASTER WARING PALIN DIASTER

Page 9 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 2:46 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Do let us know here across the pond, precisely when America sinks beneath the waves.
(Like Atlantis.)

Will do Prof. I show up in your town with my bags and horses. :wink:

-Walt Whitman

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 5:03 pm

pheonixiis wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Do let us know here across the pond, precisely when America sinks beneath the waves.
(Like Atlantis.)

I'll get the guest room dusted.

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 9:43 am

UncleBeer wrote:
pheonixiis wrote:
James Hensley (A.K.A John McCains father-in-law) has a long an convoluted history of consorting with embezzler's, engaging in gambling rackets, and maintaining his own mafia connections.

And will never be president, nor anywhere in the chain of succession. Desperate.

Neither is/will Tony Rezko, or Bill Ayers. So, what was your point?

You are trying to paint him with a black brush by his past associations. The point of the current tangent of this thread, (I thought) was defamation of character.

Obama is a 'bad man' because he has spent time with radicals, and criminals. McCain is a 'bad man' because his father-in-law is married to the mob, and said father-in-law has plugged a lot of money into sonny-boys political career.

-Walt Whitman

UncleBeer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 10:35 am

pheonixiis wrote:
UncleBeer wrote:
pheonixiis wrote:
James Hensley (A.K.A John McCains father-in-law) has a long an convoluted history of consorting with embezzler's, engaging in gambling rackets, and maintaining his own mafia connections.

And will never be president, nor anywhere in the chain of succession. Desperate.

Neither is/will Tony Rezko, or Bill Ayers.

And according to actuarial tables, neither will Sarah Palin (at least not as a result of McCain dying in office). In view of that fact, I guess this entire "PALIN 'DIASTER" [sic] thread can be expunged. :lol:

Er...what was your point again?

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 10:55 am

UncleBeer wrote:
Er...what was your point again?

Mine was that they are all crooks with shady connections. So pontificating on this or that association in an attempt to undermine their ethics is a pretty pointless argument.

-Walt Whitman

PhR33kY
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2008, 11:01 am

If there is ever a candidate that will run without smearing his opponent, I will vote for that man even if he's a freakin' commie.

Honestly, the smear campaigns disgust me. The fact that I've seen more Obama smears put up by McCain's campaign is alone causing me to lean towards Obama.

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 11:02 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
pheonixiis wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:
(Like Atlantis.)

I'll get the guest room dusted.

:lol: :lol:

Thanx! :D

-Walt Whitman

monty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 11:06 am

UncleBeer wrote:
And according to actuarial tables, neither will Sarah Palin (at least not as a result of McCain dying in office). In view of that fact, I guess this entire "PALIN 'DIASTER" [sic] thread can be expunged. :lol:

Actuarial tables say no such thing - they do not say that McCain will not die in the next 4 years. They say that for a large group of men McCain's age, the probability of dying is around 1 in 6, which is the same as the odds of losing at Russian roulette. Further, any analysis worth doing would have to adjust for individual circumstances (history of melanoma, etc.). And it is obvious that there is an even higher risk that he might become incapacitated from various health problems, again requiring the Vice President to fill in.

McCain's age alone would not be such a big factor if his veep candidate was not such a golem.

UncleBeer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 1:53 pm

monty wrote:
UncleBeer wrote:

Actuarial tables say no such thing - they do not say that McCain will not die in the next 4 years. They say that for a large group of men McCain's age, the probability of dying is around 1 in 6, which is the same as the odds of losing at Russian roulette. Further, any analysis worth doing would have to adjust for individual circumstances (history of melanoma, etc.). And it is obvious that there is an even higher risk that he might become incapacitated from various health problems, again requiring the Vice President to fill in.

Quote:
The odds highly favor either McCain or Barack Obama completing a first term in good health. After that, McCain's odds are still fairly solid, but his chances of dying go up faster than Obama's, mainly because of his age.

An Atlanta actuarial company specializing in individualized estimates of life expectancy has run the numbers for McCain, 72, and Obama, 47. The firm, Bragg Associates, calculated the odds of the candidates dying in office, adjusted for known health problems.

By the end of a second term, McCain would have a 24.44 percent chance of dying, compared with 5.76 percent for Obama, the firm estimates.

"Can either candidate expect to serve two terms in a healthy state? The answer is yes," says James Brooks, an actuary with the firm. "They're both in outstanding health. ... "

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/pol ... 33152.html (this from AP; hardly McCain cheerleaders)

Eat (more) crow. :lol:

monty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 2:27 pm

UncleBeer wrote:
Eat (more) crow. :lol:

No crow to eat.

One could say 'the odds highly favor anyone who plays Russian roulette once.' It is not merely a question of probability, but acceptable risk. That involves values as well as numbers, and Palin values are not what I or most of the country want.

According to the actuarialists, McCain 'has a health-span' of about 8 years. Does that mean that he will be healthy for 8 years? No, it means on average, people similar to him will have 8 years of health, but half will have less, and many will have much less. There is a 50-50 chance that someone like McCain will be unable to serve two terms as President.

UncleBeer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 4:49 pm

monty wrote:
There is a 50-50 chance that someone like McCain will be unable to serve two terms as President.

Please square your absurd statement with that of the actuarial expert:

Quote:
By the end of a second term, McCain would have a 24.44 percent chance of dying, compared with 5.76 percent for Obama, the firm estimates.