Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 6:28 am

Okay, I bought this game because, hell - even I have downtime.
But, when I am in Jerusalem, the game resets my entire computer after a minute! What the hell?!

I've got an AMD 4200, 1Gb RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2600 graphics card.
I've set everything to use as little power as possible, no change.
My computer also cannot detect my LAN port, for some reason, so I can't get on-line with that computer.

Any solutions?

Imhotep
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2008, 6:34 am

Ishmael wrote:
Okay, I bought this game because, hell - even I have downtime.
But, when I am in Jerusalem, the game resets my entire computer after a minute! What the hell?!

I've got an AMD 4200, 1Gb RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2600 graphics card.
I've set everything to use as little power as possible, no change.
My computer also cannot detect my LAN port, for some reason, so I can't get on-line with that computer.

Any solutions?

Not sure about your problem with Assassin's Creed, but have you tried installing/updating the drivers for your ethernet adapter? That might get the LAN port to work...

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 6:53 am

I've tried driver updates and different OS's. Still no LAN.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 1:00 pm

Sounds like overheating to me, you might want to make sure your heat sinks are firmly seated and dust-free.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 1:13 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Sounds like overheating to me, you might want to make sure your heat sinks are firmly seated and dust-free.

No, checked that already - no change! This is really puzzling me...

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 12:55 pm

Did you check the temp? I suppose you can't quite check it while the game is running, but Everest can give you some numbers: http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=everesthome

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 12:17 am

If the PC is, by itself, resetting just as if you had pressed the reset button then it is definitely a hardware issue.

It is most likely an overheating issue. All motherboards and high end video cards today have a safety feature that if your system reaches a certain temperature it will hard boot the system to cool it and prevent damage to the hardware.

So you either have your CPU overheating or your video card chip is overheating.

If this happens only during Assassins Creed it can be that the game is pushing your vid card into an overheat. Remove and reinstall WHQL (ms certified) drivers and disable some video quality options to see which one is it.

Also, reinstall your directX drivers. Note: Uninstall vid card driver then uninstall DirectX ... reboot machine, install directX FIRST then install the WHQL vid card driver.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 6:19 pm

You might want to ask about this on the game's official message boards.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 7:09 pm

As for your Ethernet port, I would check to make sure it's enabled in the BIOS settings, set to Auto, as I believe there are two options - auto and disabled. If you need further help with this provide me details of the board or if any problems contact me and I can help you to an extensive amount.

A computer restarting is one of two options, the processor overheating and initialising a reboot (perfect time to check the temperature and see what is being read under the BIOS settings) newer processors don't like anything close to 70c Celsius.
The other is software, something in the game causing a conflict and going for a restart, sometimes these are logged and a "Microsoft Windows had to be closed" error appears, this isn't reliable. A patch could be needed.