Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 4:18 pm

Your Score: 24

12 - 24

Your frankness is commendable. Although you may be a technical wizard or have very high IQ, your EQ is on the low side. It appears you may have some work to do. If you scored in this range, you may find yourself blowing up at people, depressed, or losing sight of where you are in life. Are you stopping and waiting to let strong emotions pass before you react? Are you allowing the 'winds' of change to direct you - instead of setting your own course based on an internal compass? Are you responding to life and its challenges with fear and insecurity rather than passion and purpose? Don't despair! Emotional intelligence is not set at birth - it can be learned and improved. If life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we respond, then we hold the power to create the lives we want!

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 12:03 am

Your Score: 20
12 - 24
Your frankness is commendable. Although you may be a technical wizard or have very high IQ, your EQ is on the low side. It appears you may have some work to do. If you scored in this range, you may find yourself blowing up at people, depressed, or losing sight of where you are in life. Are you stopping and waiting to let strong emotions pass before you react? Are you allowing the 'winds' of change to direct you - instead of setting your own course based on an internal compass? Are you responding to life and its challenges with fear and insecurity rather than passion and purpose? Don't despair! Emotional intelligence is not set at birth - it can be learned and improved. If life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we respond, then we hold the power to create the lives we want!

I didn't fill out the 2 cases about the situation with a manager (I have no manager), did that influence the results??

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 12:23 am

I would retake it and answer those questions from a past job experience that was fairly recent.
If the job was so long ago and you've changed since then disregard the test.

-Pythagoras

lotus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Oct 2008, 2:03 am

45 - 54 high.

dtoxic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2008, 2:04 am

I don't have a "manager" (or a job) so that derailed the whole thing.
But I was already irritated with the questions because I need context. Some of those I could strongly agree with in one type of situation and strongly disagree with in another.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 2:09 am

I was expecting much lower :P

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2008, 7:56 am

My score 25 :? but really... I don't have a job so the manager stuff was like uh... do I disagree or agree???

People in this range often find themselves blowing up at their co-workers, even their loved ones. They seem to have less 'buffer' for dealing with change, stress and difficulty. Some people also report depression or feeling 'lost' in life. Are you allowing the 'winds' of change to direct you - instead of setting your own course using an internal compass? Are you responding to life and its challenges with fear and insecurity rather than passion and purpose? Emotional intelligence can be learned and improved - with big payoffs! Studies of entrepreneurs and employees at some of the world's top organizations, show that EQ counts for twice as much as IQ and technical skills combined in defining who will be a star. Improving EQ results in better relationships, greater health and a happier outlook on life! Areas to work on: Given that self-awareness is the foundation of EQ, you might want to start here on the road to higher EQ. Ask yourself: - What situations generally create tension and stress for you? How are you handling these situations? - What negative thoughts play over and over in your mind on a regular basis? Are these a true picture of reality? - Are you afraid to share your needs and feelings with others? Is it because you are taking care of everyone else - being a martyr - or acting 'the strong, silent type'? If we have trouble expressing our emotional needs - if we regularly put others needs before our own - there's a good chance that we will one day wake up feeling empty, hostile, or depressed. Don't let this happen to you! Take care of yourself! Express your key needs. It may be difficult at first - but research shows it will be a win-win. So move into the 'zone of discomfort' to express those needs and you will be rewarded for your hard work several times over! This is one of the key steps to building emotional intelligence. You'll be happier - and those around you will understand you better, and be grateful for the feedback. Remember, if life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we respond, then we hold the power to create the lives we want!

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 8:09 am

People in this range often find themselves blowing up at their co-workers, even their loved ones. They seem to have less 'buffer' for dealing with change, stress and difficulty. Some people also report depression or feeling 'lost' in life. Are you allowing the 'winds' of change to direct you - instead of setting your own course using an internal compass? Are you responding to life and its challenges with fear and insecurity rather than passion and purpose?

Damn. Ah well, there's certainly room for improvement. :lol:

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 1:27 pm

Magnus wrote:
I would retake it and answer those questions from a past job experience that was fairly recent.
If the job was so long ago and you've changed since then disregard the test.

I have done and have a slightly better grade:21 :oops:

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 1:39 pm

Don't worry mate. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses.

-Pythagoras

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 11:28 am

Obviously they changed the test because I didn't get a score but got this instead:

Poor EQ

People in this range often find themselves getting frustrated with their co-workers, even their loved ones, or holding in emotions and feeling stress and anxiety. They seem to have less ‘buffer’ for dealing with pressure change, and difficult situations and relationships. Are you responding to life and its pressure with fear and insecurity rather than passion and purpose? Emotional intelligence can be learned and improved – with big payoffs! Studies of entrepreneurs, leaders and employees at some of the world’s top organizations, show that EQ counts for twice as much as IQ and technical skills combined in defining who will be a star. Improving EQ results in better relationships, greater health and a happier outlook on life.

Self-awareness is the foundation of EQ, so here some things to consider: What situations generally create pressure and stress for you? How are you handling these situations? What negative thoughts play over and over in your mind on a regular basis? Are these a true picture of reality? Are you afraid to share your needs and feelings with others? Are you taking care of everyone else – being a martyr – or acting ‘the strong, silent type’? If we have trouble expressing our emotional needs – if we regularly put others’ needs before our own – that can lead to feeling empty, frustrated, or depressed. Don’t let this happen to you: express your key needs. It may be difficult at first, but research shows it will be a win-win. So move into the ‘zone of discomfort’ to express those needs as this is one of the key steps to building emotional intelligence. Remember, life is 10% what happens to us, and 90% how we respond!

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2015, 12:14 pm

What a useless test! There's a much more comprehensive emotional intelligence test here:
EQ Test

Good EQ
Congratulations! You have high emotional intelligence. This is good news! EQ counts for twice as much as IQ and technical skills combined in determining who will be a star performer. Your level of EQ likely has been and will be a driver of your high performance under pressure for years to come. Areas to work on: While you are doing well, don’t forget to take time out of your busy day-to-day activities to stop and reflect on what brings you the greatest meaning in your life. If we fail to do this on a regular basis, we risk becoming tranquilized by the trivial, sedated by the small details. Yes, deadlines need to be met and goals achieved. But if we are working toward goals that are not in alignment with our key values and greater purpose, we face becoming frustrated and cynical when we face pressure – losing sight of the reason we are doing ‘all of this’ in the first place!

As William James said: “I have no doubt whatsoever that most people live, whether physically, intellectually, or morally, in a very restricted circle of their potential being. They make use of a very small portion of their possible consciousness… much like a man who, out of his whole body organism, should get into the habit of using and moving only his little finger… We all have reservoirs of life to draw upon, of which we do not dream.”

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 5:57 pm

Aniihya wrote:
Self-awareness is the foundation of EQ,

I don't really get this part at all.
Does this mean that we have to be able to read our own emotions before we could possibly read the emotions of others?

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 8:05 pm

Your Score: 3

1-5

I hate to break it to you, but you are an emotional ret*d. How can anyone even score this low? You have the emotional maturity of a very immature spoiled rotten little girl. If one person even says hi to you, you will break down in tears or want to bite their head off. If you don't get your way even in the slightest bit, you throw wildly uncontrolled tantrums. You are so emotionally ret*d that there is no hope for you. You sir, are an emotional mess.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 3:47 am

To answer the question, emotion is the reason for anything ultimately, if you don't take anyone's emotions into account when making a decision on some level, then you aren't going to get anywhere at all.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 6:43 am

I value logic and rationality. I also like very much those traits in other characters.